Last day, Xiaomi launched its new device called Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition along with MIUI 12 interface which we all were waiting for. With MIUI 12, Xiaomi has introduced a lot of new features, a control center, new notification UI, gesture navigation, new animation, super wallpaper, and many more. The company shared the eligible list of devices to get MIUI 12 very soon. After the event, Xiaomi rolled the beta test build of MIUI 12 to many Xiaomi devices in China.
The Xiaomi Mi 6X users find themselves lucky enough to receive the MIUI 12 beta update based on Android 10. In this guide, you can download and install MIUI 12 Beta 20.4.27 for Xiaomi Mi 6X (codenamed wayne).
Now, talking about the latest MIUI 12 beta version, obviously, it’s the successor version of the last year’s MIUI 11 that is still running on all Xiaomi devices as a stable one. So, the new edition of the MIUI brings plenty of useful features, visual elements, improved AI features, privacy enhancements, and more. The software version 20.4.27 is the first-ever release under the MIUI 12 Beta edition, or you can say MIUI 12 Closed Beta.
Now, the device is getting the MIUI 12 Beta update, which is a clear sign that these will receive the MIUI 12 stable updates for China, Global, Europe, and Russian variants. Take a note that this beta update is only applicable for the Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne) Chinese variants as the global beta rollout was suspended by Xiaomi almost a year ago. So, all the interested Xiaomi Mi 6X Chinese variant users can follow this guide to install the beta update quite easily. Now, let’s take a quick look at the changes and features of MIUI 12 below.
Did you know?
What’s New in MIUI 12
Well, everything is new in MIUI 12 for the Xiaomi device users. The much improved Dark Mode 2.0, sensory visual design, all-new system animations, super wallpapers, privacy protection features like device ID reset, app permissions, restrict third-party app telephony, secured sharing control, etc. Meanwhile, the new MIUI 12 also offers AI calling assistant with Mi AI, Xiaomi Health features like health stats, sleep tracking, sync with smart devices, and more.
Additionally, it also brings improved control center with new animated icons. Users will get much-improved accessibility options like Mi Ditto for dictation and speech output. Trip advises stats, traffic details, checklists, alarms, and more while the Mi Carrier Services option has been added that offers SIM balance and mobile data usage details right on your fingertips.
Users can also save frequently used phone numbers to top-up balance or mobile data, etc. All-new redesigned status bar and notification shade included. The weather animations are improved as well, whereas the lite mode offers only necessary items to display on your device to make your life easier. All-new floating shortcut to filter and sort items in the File Manager app has been added. The MIUI 12 also offers improved Calendar, Notes, Security features, Xiaomi Cloud, and more.
Features of MIUI 12
To be very precise, we’ve provided a full list of the MIUI 12 update changelog below that includes all the improvements, changes, and new features.
- Dark Mode 2.0
- Sensory Visual Design
- Super Wallpapers
- New Animations
- New Gestures
- AI Calling
- Enhanced Privacy
- Health tracking
[su_spoiler title=”Changelog: v20.4.27″]
- MIUI 12.
- New: All-new, physically-based animation engines with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make the content structure clear.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use the camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in-app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open the Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
Status bar, Notification shade
- New: All-new design.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features upfront.
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
How to Install MIUI 12 on Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne)
In order to install the stock MIUI firmware on any of your Xiaomi devices is the same as always. Here we’ve provided all the requirements to follow the process. Then you can download and start flashing your much-awaited MIUI 12 ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- The firmware file is only specific for the Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne) models. Don’t flash this firmware on any other Xiaomi model.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Ensure to make a full backup of your device data at first.
- Charge your handset more than 50% at least before flashing the firmware.
- Download MIUI 12 Beta 20.4.27 Firmware for Xiaomi Mi 6X
- Mi Flash Tool – Download and Install it on your computer
- ADB and Fastboot Tools – Install it on your PC
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install it on the PC
Installation Guide: MIUI 12 for Mi 6X
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI 12 Beta 20.4.27 on Xiaomi Mi 6X. Check out the guide link below, along with a video tutorial as well.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
Check out the video guide below:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve successfully installed the latest MIUI version on your Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne). For any queries, you can comment below.