Updated on September 21, 2020: Today Xiaomi rolled the MIUI 2 update to Mi 8 Lite with software version V188.8.131.52.QDTMIXM which brings a lot more features. The update is based on Android 10.
Updated on July 17, 2020: Today Xiaomi rolled the June 2020 security patch to the Mi 8 Lite (Codename: platina) globally with version V184.108.40.206.QDTMIXM. The update has no major changes apart from a security patch and a regular bug fix. If you are using the Mi 8 Lite, you can manually download and install MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM on Mi 8 Lite based on Android 10.
As we speak, the update has already started rolling over the air for users globally in a phased manner. It may take days or weeks to reach every device around the corner. In case, if you are not patient enough to wait, then follow this guide to install the update on your Mi 8 Lite (platina).
Manually Check OTA Updates
Before moving to the guide, we recommend you to first check if the OTA is already available for your device manually. To do that, go to the phone Settings > About Phone > Software update. Additionally, you can perform this task via the Software Updater app directly. If the software version is available, you can grab it.
Before downloading the OTA update, make sure to charge the phone battery up to 50% minimum and connect to a Wi-Fi network.
However, if you’re not getting the latest OTA update due to some unfortunate reason, don’t worry. You can follow the firmware installation guide below for your Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite model.
Downloads and Changelog:
Download: Recovery ROM
- System animations
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- Floating windows
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Dark mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
- Status bar, Notification shade
- New: Screen lights up with an animation now
- New: Status bar color gradient animation
- Fix: Status bar wasn’t displayed correctly with color inversion
- Home screen
- New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
Download: Recovery ROM | Fastboot ROM
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.
How to Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Mi 8 Lite (platina)
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite (platina) only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
- Mi Flash Tool – Download and Install it on your PC
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools on your computer
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install it on the PC
We recommend to take a full backup first. GetDroidTips will not be held responsible for any type of issue on your device while or after following this guide or even flashing any file. So, proceed at your own risk.
Instructions to Install:
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI Global Stable ROM on Mi 8 Lite. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.
Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Mi 8 Lite (platina) successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.