Good news for all the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Indian users. Today Xiaomi has started pushing the latest firmware update that brings the all-new MIUI 12 skin, other system improvements, and a bunch of new features. The update is based on Android 10 and bumps up a software version V22.214.171.124.QFKINXM for the Indian variant Redmi K20 Pro units. Yes! Currently, the update is live in the Indian region and will soon arrive in other regions via batches. Meanwhile, all the interested users can download and install the MIUI 126.96.36.199 India Stable ROM for Redmi K20 Pro by following this article completely.
By the end of last year, Xiaomi has released the Redmi K20 Pro (Codename: raphael) model with Android 10 on the top of MIUI 11 skin out-of-the-box. The new software update brings new system animations, redesigned UI, privacy protection, ringtones, app permissions, floating window, AI call assistant, Xiaomi health, control center, accessibility settings, dark mode, trips, Mi carrier services, messaging, improvements in home screen/camera/weather, and a lot more.
Check Software Updates (OTA)
Xiaomi always roll-out the firmware OTA update to its eligible devices in an incremental manner and it may take a couple of days or more in order to arrive on all the units completely. Although we will recommend you to check for the OTA update manually from the device Settings > About Phone > Software updates.
Alternatively, you can head over to the Software Updater app directly on your device and check for the OTA update. If the latest update is available, then just download and install it. Ensure to connect the device to the Wi-Fi network and maintain battery level at least up to 50%.
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- System animations
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- Super wallpapers
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- Privacy protection
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- Floating windows
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- Dark mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Always-on display
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.
- Lock screen
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- Home screen
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- New: Vlog feature for videos
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
Now, if in case, you’re not receiving the firmware OTA update, then we will recommend you to manually install the firmware update on your device by following the guide below.
How to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 India Stable ROM for Redmi K20 Pro
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro (raphael) only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
Instructions to Install:
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI 184.108.40.206 India Stable ROM on Redmi K20 Pro. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Redmi K20 Pro (raphael) successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.