Android devices often get a soft brick and need to flash with Stock Firmware. if you have Nokia 8.1 and are facing multiple issues such as Screen freezing, unresponsive touch, lagging camera, the camera fails, speaker sound low, wifi connectivity issues then flashing stock ROM can fix all those problems. These issues occur because of some problems in the installed firmware. They might be because of any third-party app, any virus, or a boot loop issue. Whatever the case might be, you will need the Nokia 8.1 Stock firmware collection to fix your device.
Whenever your device has any problem, the best way to fix it is by installing the stock firmware or stock ROM. By flashing Stock ROM, you will recover all the important files of firmware that might get damaged in your device for some reason. These issues can later lead to bigger issues such as complete device failure or boot loop. So it’s better to fix any problem this and now by flashing Nokia 8.1 Stock Firmware.
Nokia 8.1 Specifications
Nokia 8.1 was launched in December 2018 and comes with Android 9.0 out of the box. It has comfortable to hold the display of 6.18 inches with a resolution of 1080 by 2246 pixels. The device is powered by a 2.2 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 Processor coupled with 4 GB of RAM. Surprisingly the device is very smooth even with the most graphic or memory-intensive applications. You have an option to choose between 64 GB & 128 GB of storage options. Nokia 8.1 comes with a mediocre battery of 3500 mAh which can juice the device for one complete day. As far as the cameras are concerned, Nokia 8.1 rocks a dual-camera system with a 12 MP camera sensor and 13 MP camera sensor. For selfie enthusiasts, Nokia 8.1 has a 20 MP front-facing camera. Face detection and High Dynamic Range(HDR) are cherries on top.
Advantage of Nokia 8.1 Stock Firmware
Stock firmware always has a certain set of advantages over any third-party custom ROM or custom Skin.
- You can unbrick your Nokia 8.1 with Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock firmware to fix boot loop issue
- Flash Stock firmware to fix Bluetooth, wifi, and slow device problem.
- Unroot your Nokia 8.1 or downgrade your device to the previous version
- To fix the lag or stutter on Nokia 8.1
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
Nokia 8.1 OTA Software Update:
Nokia 8.1 is one of the most popular devices by Nokia and comes with Android Pie 9.0 out of the box. These are many updates for the device which came in the past few years which we will include in the Stock Firmware collection as well.
|Build number and SP||Internal current/previous build||Download link|
|4_15B – September 2019||415B
|4_15B_Sp01 – October 2019||415C||Download
Nokia 8.1 Stock Firmware
|Firmware Version||Region||Release Date||Download|
|PNX-530E-0-00WW-B01||PNX Global||not known||Server 1|
|PNX-248B-0-00CN-B01||PNX China||9.0.0 December 2018||Server 1|
|PNX-243D-0-00WW-B01||PNX Global||9.0.0 November 2018||Server 1|
Steps to Install Nokia 8.1 Stock Firmware:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- This Guide is to install Nokia 8.1 Stock Firmware. Do not use it on any other device.
- Download and Install the latest Nokia USB Drivers for Windows and MAC. [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Download and extract the ADB fastboot tool on your PC (Fastboot Method)
- Charge your phone to at least 60-70% before upgrading your phone.
- Take a complete backup (Recommended)
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM. Please proceed at your own Risk
Method 1: Via Dialer App [Tested and Works]:
- This OTA is exclusively for Nokia 8.1 only. Don’t use it on other devices
- Ensure that your phone has the latest firmware installed.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% more
- Though you won’t lose any of your data in the installation process, we still suggest you take a full backup.
- First of all, download the OTA zip and rename the package to the corresponding zip file
- Now move the OTA Zip package to the root of your device’s internal storage [Outside all folders ]
- Open the dialer app (Phone) and dial the number
- Wait for the update to finish and restart when prompted.
Method 2: Via Nokia OST Tool
To install Nokia firmware, you can use the Nokia OST Tool also known as Nokia Online Service tool. We have a complete video walkthrough on how to use it to flash Stock firmware on Nokia 8.1 using OST Tool.
How To Install Nokia Firmware using Nokia OST Tool
Method 3: Via ADB Method
- Use this method on Nokia 8.1 only. Don’t use it on other devices
- Take a full backup of your device.
- Download and install Nokia USB Drivers
- Charge your phone to at least 70% more
- Download the Minimal ADB & fastboot tool.
- A PC/Laptop
Here are simple steps that you have to follow to manually flash the stock ROM on Nokia 8.1.
Step-1 Download and place the OTA zip/firmware file on your PC or Laptop
Step-2 Move the firmware file in the ADB/fastboot folder
Step-3 Hold the SHIFT key + right-click in the white space inside the folder > choose‘Open PowerShell window here’.
Step-4 Now enter your Nokia 8.1 into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Power button simultaneously till the recovery menu appears.
Step-5 Use volume keys to navigate to ‘Apply update from ADB’ and power button to confirm it.
Step-6 Connect your Nokia 8.1 with a USB cable.
Step-7 Type the command “adb devices“. It will show a list of devices on the command window.
Step-8 Type the command “adb sideload ota-package.zip” to install the firmware/OTA update.
Note: replace OTA package zip with the actual file name as you have saved
Step-11 After the installation process finishes, go back to recovery menu and select ‘Reboot system now’.
This is it guys, your Nokia 8.1 will work fine with Stock firmware. Installing Stock ROM on any device can be a little complex. So if you’re facing any issue understanding the process then let us know in the comments section below. We will be happy to assist you in any way possible.