The 0xE000078B error code means OneNote is having trouble communicating with the webserver where your notebook is stored. Most likely, there’s been a server timeout, which occurs when the server is busy and can’t respond to your requests. Follow the below troubleshooting guide to Fix OneNote Error 0xe000078b (Server Timeout) in very simple steps.
A server connection timeout means that a server is taking too long to reply to a data request made from another device. Timeout errors can happen for several reasons. The server, the requesting device, the network hardware, and even an Internet connection can be at fault.
Steps to Fix OneNote Error 0xe000078b (Server Timeout)
Check Whether There are Conflicts With Antivirus and Firewall
Check if your Antivirus program is blocking any of the programs that are getting install on your computer. It’s always suggested to disable your antivirus before you install any program on your computer.
Clear Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files
There might be temporary files and temporary internet files and the junk files in your computer which will cause the registry issues and make some services not responsive. These temporary files might cause trouble for the system programs.
You need to optimize and tune up your computer.
Reset Web Browser Settings
There could be a problem with your web browser which may cause this kind of issue, but the temporary Internet files and the Browsing Cache, tools bar, add-ons, and the other internet sources might cause the problem for you to perform the online installation. Stop the print spooler.
Remove Older Versions Of Office
There could be old office versions running on your computer. So It is required for you to uninstall, and remove the old office versions but keep in mind before installing the latest Office 2016 or office 365.
Run system file checker: sfc /scannow
To resolve some of the system file issues, because it is required to run the system file checker.
Step 1: Disk Clean-up
- Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button.
- In the search box, type Disk Cleanup.
- And then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.
- In the Drives list, click the hard disk drive that you want to clean up.
- And then click OK.
- In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab.
- Now select the checkboxes for the file types that you want to delete, and then click OK.
- In the message that appears, click Delete files.
Step 2: System file checker
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen.
- And then tap Search.
- Enter the command prompt in the search box.
- In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command Prompt.
- And then tap or click Run as administrator.
- In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter: sfc /scannow.
- When the system scan is complete, try to install Office again.
Turn off hardware acceleration
In computing, hardware acceleration is the use of computer hardware to perform some functions faster than is possible in software running on the general-purpose CPU. Examples of hardware acceleration include blitting acceleration functionality in graphics processing units (GPUs) and instructions for complex operations in CPUs. Reset the Task Scheduler.
It is better to disable Hardware acceleration in case if it’s enabled
Try a hardwired connection
If your Internet is running on a Wifi connection, so try changing it to hardwired connection because the wireless connection is always slower than a wired connection.
- How to Fix OneNote Error 0xE0000784 (Web DAV is Disabled)
- How to Fix OneNote Error Code 0xE4020045 (Unsupported Client)
- How to Fix 0xE40105F9 (Unsupported Client Build) error in OneNote
- How to Fix 0xE4010641 (Network Disconnected) error in OneNote
- OneNote Error: How to Resolve 0xE000002E (Out of Sync with Store) error
- How to Fix Error Code 0x2 bdf5f – OneNote Couldn’t Sync
- How to Fix OneNote Error 0xE000005E (ReferencedRevisionNotFound)