OnePlushas been a renowned name in the smartphone market for years now. The brand is famous for its premium built quality and aggressive price range. Okay! Now, in recent years Oneplus has increased its prices gradually. But I think each penny you invest in your new OnePlus device is worth it. This brand is always my favourite premium category smartphone. I like their OxygenOS skin based on Android.
OnePlus finally started pushing their new major OS update, OxygenOS 12, for the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling as a stable build with OxygenOS 12 for users around the globe. With this, OnePlus has included the latest October 2022 Security patch, which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Being the 12th instalment of the Android series, Android 12 creates a lot of hype with its new features, design, UI improvements, and many more. According to the official, they plan to release the stable version of their latest OS update anywhere soon, in August or October. Meanwhile, every big smartphone venture has already started rolling out their OS skin based on Android 12 for their flagship segments. Previously, Google stated that this update would be one of Google’s most prominent changes ever made in their OS. This is the main reason behind the hype created for the upcoming updates.
Features of OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro: Device Overview
Both the device is the best at their time and have some powerful and notable features like the 7T has a big 6.55 inches fluid AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10+ display. At the same time, 7T Pro comes with a much bigger 6.67 inches fluid AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10+ screen corning Gorilla Glass 5. Talking about gaming performance, both the devices are compiled with Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm) processor, which means you never have to settle while gaming.
Now, from the processor, let’s fly towards the memory. First, both the 7T come in two variants: 128GB/8GB RAM and 256GB/8GB RAM with UFS 3.0. Whereas 7T Pro has also come in two variants, i.e., 256GB/8GB RAM, and 256GB/12GB RAM along UFS 3.0. However, in 7T, you’ll get a 3800mAh battery that I think is not appropriate, but yes again, you’ll get a 30T Warp charger out of the box that covers its small battery issue. On the other hand, 7T Pro has a big 4085mAh battery which is decent, along with a 30W Warp charger out of the box.
So, as you noticed, the specs are decent, and when you compare these specs with the minimum requirement to run Android 12, it is clear that it is not only Android 12. But, it can handle Android 13 as well. So, don’t worry about the update, as you’ll for sure get the update, but you have to wait for a few months.
- Integrates the December 2022 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- Improves system stability and performance.
- Improves the stability of mobile network connections
Download Android 12 | OxygenOS 12 Update:
|Build Number: OxygenOS 12 F.18
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: OxygenOS 12 M2
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) on OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro
Before installing Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) on your OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro, follow all the pre-requirements first and install the required drivers, firmware, and other tools on your PC as well.
- The firmware is only supported for the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro models. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Make sure to download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on your Windows and MAC computer and install it.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your PC and install it.
- Keep your device battery charged at least up to 60% before installing the firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data without Root.
First method via Local upgrade
- Download the firmware OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro device.
- Now, head over to the Settings > System Updates > tap on gear icon > use the Local Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file which you’ve downloaded before.
- You will see a pop-up screen to upgrade your device, tap on Upgrade Now.
- Next, the device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- The device will boot into a new system.
- Then turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache & select Erase everything.
- Once done. Reboot your device.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Via Fastboot Method
Fastboot Method commands
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash modem modem.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot flash abl abl.img fastboot flash aop aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash featenabler featenabler.img fastboot flash hyp hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv imagefv.img fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.img fastboot flash logo logo.img fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img fastboot flash odm odm.img fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img fastboot flash storsec storsec.img fastboot flash tz tz.img fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img fastboot flash xbl xbl.img fastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot reboot
If you want to install the Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) on your OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro handset manually, then follow the below-mentioned guide properly. Here we have shared the ADB Sideloading method in order to flash the Stock ROM on your OnePlus device.
Guide to Install Stock ROM on OnePlus Devices via ADB Sideloading
We assume that this article is useful and that you’ve successfully updated or installed the Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) flash file on your OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro device. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.