Finally, Today Oppo started pushing their new major OS update, ColorOS 12, for the Oppo Reno 6 5G and 6 Pro 5G based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe. As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number F.56 for users globally and will soon reach other users around the globe. Oppo has included the latest Security patch, which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Android 12: What’s New and Its Features:
Android 12 is all about improved personalization and revamped user interface that changes the way to bring more dynamic expression and a whole new design element. It’s a successor of the last-gen Android 11, which focused on user data privacy and security. While Android 12 not only focused on privacy features but also on visual treatment.
Talking about the features, it has all new and colourful yet minimal widgets that are now more dynamic than ever before. While the dynamic theme with the wallpapers is more expressive as per your mood. The notification shade, lock screen, notifications, glance screen, volume controls, quick shortcut tiles, new power menu, transitions or animations, etc everything looks & feels great whatsoever with the ‘Material You’ design.
Meanwhile, the impressive Privacy Dashboard feature and the privacy indicator on the top of the screen is also great. Whereas scrolling screenshot support, improved notifications, quick reply feature, on-device search feature, easy Wi-Fi sharing, one-handed mode, quick back tap feature, haptic-coupled audio effect, Android 12 updates via Google Play, App hibernation, all-new emojis, improved auto-rotate, and a lot more.
Android 12 ColorOS 12 Update Tracker:
Not Known yet.
Download Android 12 | ColorOS 12 Update:
Steps to Install Android 12 on Oppo Reno 6 5G and 6 Pro 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the ColorOS 12 update based on Android 12 on your Oppo Reno 6 5G and 6 Pro 5G, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Oppo Reno 6 5G and 6 Pro 5G. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can back up your phone without roots.
- Alternatively, if your device has TWRP Recovery installed, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
Now, let’s look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Oppo Reno 6 5G and 6 Pro 5G.
Instructions to Flash The ROM:
To install ColorOS 12 files on your Oppo Reno 6 5G and 6 Pro 5G, we have given two methods, either you can follow the recovery method, or you can follow the Fastboot method. A detailed guide on both methods is given down below:
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Oppo device recovery. Follow the guide link below to install the OTA update on the Oppo device.Guide to Install Oppo Firmware on any Oppo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install: via SP Flash tool
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Once your load the SP Flash tool UI, Tap on the Download option
- In the download tab, you have to load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- You will find the scatter text file inside the ROM package for most cases, if not, you can create a scatter text file on your own.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Oppo Reno 6 5G and 6 Pro 5G, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- You need to wait for a few minutes to complete the upgrade process.
- Once the flashing process completes, you will find a green button which means a successful upgrade.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Oppo Reno 6 5G and 6 Pro 5G
Follow our full-depth video guide below:
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If you’re facing any issues, please ask in the comments below.