Realme finally started pushing their new major OS update; Realme UI 3.0 for the Realme 8 based on Android 12. You can now apply for the Android 12 early access program applications in India.
Being the 12th installment of the Android series, Android 12 creates a lot of hype with its new features, design, UI improvements, and many more. According to the official, they are planning to release the stable version of their latest OS update anywhere soon in the month of August or October month. Meanwhile, every big smartphone venture already started rolling out their OS skin based on Android 12 for their flagship segments. Previously, Google stated that this update is going to be one of the most prominent changes ever made by Google in their OS. This is the main reason behind the hype created for the upcoming updates.
Android 12 Realme UI 3.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on April 29, 2022: We have finally got the Realme UI 3.0 for the Realme 8 5G in India with software version RMX3085_11_C.07. The update is based on Android 12.
Updated on April 0+, 2022: Realme started seeding the latest security patch update for the device globally with software version RMX3085_11_A.26. The update is based on Android 11.
Updated on February 19, 2022: Today Realme started rolling their Realme UI 3.0 update as early access for Indian users. Realme 8 users must be running the last Android 11 version RMX3085_11_A.24. T get early access, head over to Settings → Software Update → Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner → Trial Version → Submit your details to apply for the realme 8 Android 12 Early Access program.
Steps to Install Android 12 on Realme 8
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the Realme UI 3.0 update based on Android 12 on your Realme 8, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- This Flash File is for Realme 8 RMX3085.
- You should have a Windows Laptop or PC for this guide.
- Make sure that your Realme RMX3085 has at least a 60% charge left.
- It is always recommended to take a backup of your Android Device.
- Download the SP Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- Download and Install the VCOM Driver on your Windows PC.
- Install Latest Driver: Install the Latest Realme USB Drivers.
Once you have the above prerequisites, you can proceed to Instructions to Install Android 12.0 on Realme RMX3085.
Download Flash Files:
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking, hardware, or any kind of software problems arising on your while you follow this guide to install stock ROM on your phone. First, understand the tutorial and then follow it at your own risk.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Realme device recovery.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via SP Flash Tool
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Android 12 on the Realme RMX3085 :
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of Android 12 on your Realme 8 RMX3085, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using a USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool which means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Realme 8 RMX3085
I hope this guide was helpful in installing the Android 12 on your Realme RMX3085 smartphone.