The Chinese OEM OnePlus is one of the most popular and developer-friendly brands around the world that offers customizations and bootloader unlocking without voiding the limited warranty. Therefore, custom ROM developers also get the confidence to build firmware compatible with OnePlus devices. But if you’ve already unlocked the bootloader on your OnePlus 7T series devices and want to relock it, check this guide. Here we’ve shared How to Relock Bootloader on OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro.
Both the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro was launched in October 2019 with flagship specifications at a pretty competitive price tag. However, in order to customize devices to the next level, most of the advanced users perform bootloader unlock at first on their devices. Unlocking the device bootloader is the entry gate of the unlimited customizations for Android. So, it’s necessary before flashing any custom recovery or any third-party firmware or rooting your Android smartphone or tablet.
Bootloader Unlock on OnePlus Device
Each and every Android device comes with a locked bootloader from the manufacturer due to some security reasons. That’s why if you’ve unlocked the device bootloader previously, you should probably know that the system gives warning that after unlocking the bootloader, the device gets vulnerable.
In order to get additional features and customization functionalities, the Android device users unlock the bootloader or enable root access. It allows users to flash any custom firmware, increase system performance, improve battery backup, enhance visualizations, and more. However, there are some disadvantages of bootloader unlocking as well.
The unlocked OnePlus devices get Widevine L3 Certification instead of L1 quite often which restricts the system to play HD quality content online from the media streaming services like Amazon Prime or Netflix. Whereas, plenty of users mostly go back to the stock firmware due to the better stability or software update support. Therefore, the device bootloader should be locked and unrooted.
How to Relock Bootloader on OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro
Here we’ve provided a full depth guide to relock the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro bootloader by using the Fastboot method. It’s a very easy method to follow and perform as well. Make sure to follow the requirements properly before proceeding to the steps below.
- Your OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro should run on the stock firmware and stock recovery.
- Keep your phone charged more than 60% at least.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup your device data at first before doing anything.
- Developer Options and USB Debugging should be enabled on your handset.
Relock Bootloader Guide
- We assume that the USB Debugging is already enabled on your OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro.
- Go to the installed ADB folder in C drive and open the command prompt window by pressing the shift key + right mouse click.
- Next, select open a command prompt window option.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Tap on Allow to authorize the computer, if prompted.
- Use the following command to confirm that the device is connected.
- Now, you will see a serial number in the command prompt window which indicates that the device is connected.
- Follow the below command to reboot your device into Fastboot mode (Bootloader mode).
adb reboot bootloader
- As the device booted into Fastboot mode, type the following command to lock the bootloader.
fastboot oem lock
- Now, a confirmation pop-up will appear on the device screen. Use the volume buttons to navigate the highlight to “Relock Bootloader” and press the Power button to confirm it.
- The bootloader locking process will start and may take some time. So, please be patient.
- Finally, the phone will boot into the system with a locked bootloader.
That’s it, guys. We hope that this guide was helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comment below.