Installing TWRP Recovery and Rooting your Android device now becomes quite easy and useful too. Here in this guide, we will share with you the steps on How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 7T Pro (codenamed hotdog) device easily. The TWRP Recovery installation process will also require unlocking the device bootloader. So, we will share how to Unlock the OnePlus Bootloader guide as well.
The smartphone OEMs don’t provide an unlocked bootloader for some security reasons. Whereas unlocking the device bootloader will come in handy to install custom recovery as well. The Custom Recovery tools will be like TWRP, CWM, etc. Here we will use the TWRP Recovery. By installing the TWRP Recovery, you can easily flash firmware files, install root, take a full backup, and more.
- OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications: Overview
- TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
- Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog)
- What is Root? (Advantages)
- Steps to Root OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications: Overview
The OnePlus 7T Pro comes with a 6.67-inches Quad HD+ Fluid AMOLED 90Hz display with a resolution of 1440×3120 pixels. The display also supports HDR10+ and packs with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. It runs on OxygenOS 10.0 over Android 10.0 out-of-the-box. The handset is powered by the octa-core flagship Snapdragon 855 Plus chip, coupled with Adreno 640 GPU.
The OnePlus 7T Pro has two variants like one standard 8GB/12GB of RAM, 256GB internal storage option. While the Mclaren Edition 7T Pro comes with a single 12GB RAM, 256GB storage. The triple rear camera of 48MP wide, an 8MP telephoto, and 16MP ultrawide lens are available on this device. A 16MP pop-up selfie camera is available with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
In terms of the connectivity options, it has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C port, etc. It has a 4,085mAh battery with 30W OnePlus Warp charging technology. While all the major sensors are available like an in-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, and compass sensor.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It basically lets the user flash custom recovery files, firmware files, root files easily on their Android smartphones. The firmware and other zip files can be easily flashed by this tool. Thanks to the XDA member mauronofrio for sharing the TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 7T Pro.
Meanwhile, you can also install or flash the custom recovery files, Xposed Modules, etc on your device. Additionally, creating the Nandroid backups & restores, factory reset, install GApps, etc can be done easily.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on OnePlus 7T Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on OnePlus 7T Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7T Pro.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7T Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Now, let’s check how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 7T Pro devices.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- OnePlus 7T Pro bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download and Install the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on the computer.
- ADB & Fastboot tools for Windows and Mac
Download TWRP Recovery Files:
|TWRP Version||Download Links|
|TWRP Recovery 3.4.0-2||Download|
|TWRP Recovery 3.4.0-0||Download|
|TWRP Recovery 3.3.1-43||Download|
|TWRP Recovery 3.3.1-25||Download|
|TWRP Recovery 3.3.1-5||Download|
Instructions to install
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device is connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog) device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your OnePlus 7T Pro, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your OnePlus 7T Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking OnePlus 7T Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on OnePlus 7T Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting OnePlus 7T Pro, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root OnePlus 7T ProGuide to Root OnePlus 7T Pro via SuperSU Guide to Root OnePlus 7T Pro via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.