The IMEI number is a unique identification or a serial number for all mobiles that comes out-of-the-box. It’s 15-17 digits serial number that identifies GSM phones due to SIM swapping. Therefore, an IMEI can track a phone’s hardware around the world. Keep in mind that all the IMEI numbers are very unique for each and every mobile device. But if in case, your device has null or invalid IMEI, you should fix it. Here we have shared the guide on how to repair and fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro.
If your device doesn’t have the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number, the carrier network won’t work on your device as well. The same thing happens with each dual SIM or higher SIM slot devices also. Each and every SIM slot are registered with a unique IMEI number and can be checked by typing *#06# on the dial pad of your phone and it will automatically show up the number.
Table of Contents
Redmi K20 Pro: Device Overview
Redmi K20 Pro device is an Octa-core Snapdragon 855 SoC along with up to 8 GB RAM. The phone bears a 6.39-inch AMOLED display that comes with a complete bezel-less finish. This renders a panorama view along with a stylish aspect ratio of 19.5:9. This phone has Corning Glass above the display that acts as a shield against bruises. Redmi K20 Pro device has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels that enhances the visual experience with a sharp density of 403 PPI. A 6 GB RAM and an Adreno 640 GPU handle heavy multitasking games. This demands good graphical effects. This phone is equipped with a 4000 mAh Li-Polymer battery that keeps the entertainment going on for long hours.
There is a triple rear camera set up having a 48 MP main lens, 13 MP super wide-angle sensor and an 8 MP telephoto lens. There is a 20 MP front camera for the selfie freaks and this can record full HD videos at 30 fps speed. The phone houses a 64 GB non-expandable storage. It also has a wide range of connectivity options that include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.0, NFC, USB Type-C, 4G with VoLTE, GPS, Mobile Hotspot.
Steps to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
Some times due to software issues or after flashing any custom firmware, your device may get corrupted or bricked. Similarly, the device IMEI number can also become invalid or removed which is quite unfortunate. Here we will share the QCN Rebuilder tool guide to restore IMEI number on the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro device. QCN Rebuilder is a free tool to restore IMEI on any Xiaomi or Redmi devices.
Now, let’s check out the download links and requirements below.
- This guide and QCN file are for the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro model only.
- Your device should be charged up to 50% at least.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Keep a full backup of the device data before doing anything.
- Enable USB Debugging. Check the video guide.
- Download all the files and tools from above.
IMEI Rebuilding and Restore Guide
- After downloading, install and run the QCN Rebuilder tool on your PC.
- Click on Open file and select the Redmi K20 Pro QCN file.
- Now, replace the IMEI with the original IMEI number.
- Click on Rebuild.
- Next, connect your phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- Open dial pad on your device and type this code *#*#717717#*#* to enable diagnostic mode.
- If the above code doesn’t work, use CMD on your PC by following the commands below.
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
- Then run the QPST tool on your computer.
- Click on the Restore tab > select the rebuilt QCN file > click on Restore.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful for your Redmi K20 Pro. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.