Rocket League is one of the tremendous vehicular soccer video games developed by Psyonix. When this game was first released, it set a different hype in the gaming industry. But recently, a few players pointed out that the Rocket League struck or froze on the loading screen, and making it harder to play the game further.
How to Fix Rocket League Stuck or Freezing on Loading Screen
This issue might be frustrating if the players are with their friends and the game struck and freeze over and over. There are several reasons for the same issue, such as outdated graphics cards, the Overlay feature, game cache files, and many more. However, in this article, we have listed some fixes to quickly get rid of the Rocket League Stuck or Freezing on Loading Screen issue. So, without any further ado, let’s straight into the detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Check System Health:
Before moving on to definitive solutions, you can check your system health to make sure that the same problem is not caused by the system hardware. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + R to launch the RUN dialog box, type “dxdiag”, and press the OK button.
- In the newly opened DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, select the System tab and check your Operating System, Processor and Memory.
- Then go to the Display tab and check your Graphics card. If everything is fine, then you can move to the solutions; otherwise, make necessary changes.
Fix 2: Run as administrator
One of the prime solutions to get rid of the Rocket League Stuck or Freezing on Loading Screen issue is to run the game as an administrator. In doing so, the game may use all of its features and run smoothly with high integrity access. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to the Game installation folder
- Open the Steam, select and right-click on Rocket League, then select its Properties. Then choose Local Files and Browse local files.
- Then in the new screen, right-click on the Rocket League Launcher.exe file and then select the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- Now select the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox beside Run as Administrator.
- Once done, click on Apply and OK button to save the changes. Then relaunch the game and check the said issue is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Verify the Integrity of game files:
If the game files get corrupted or missing, then also you will encounter the Rocket League Stuck or Freezing on Loading Screen issue. In this case, you need to check the integrity of game files and make sure everything is correct. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, open the Steam client and navigate to the Library.
- In the Library, select and right-click on Rocket League and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the Local files tab and select Verify integrity of game files option.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the said issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay:
Another solution to get over the Rocket League Stuck or Freezing on Loading Screen issue is disabling the overlay. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, click on the Steam button and select Settings.
- Then select the In-Game option from the left side of the screen and untick the checkboxes beside these options,
Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game,
Use the Big Picture Overlay when Using a Steam input enabled controller from the desktop
Use Desktop Game Theatre when launching desktop game while SteamVR is active.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check whether the said issue persists or not.
Fix 5: Switch to Compatibility mode
The Rocket League freezing problem can occur as a result of the game not being compatible with your PC. The best solution here is to run the game in compatible mode. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to the Rocket League saving folder, right-click on the Rocket League Launcher, and select Properties.
- Then select the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox for option. Then select the version of your system from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, click on OK, restart the system and check the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 6: Update Graphics Driver:
The Rocket League Stuck or Freeze on the loading screen if your graphics driver is out of date or damaged. All you have to do here is update the driver to get a better gaming experience. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, open the desktop search box, then type Device Manager in and open the first search result.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click on Display adapters and select the driver you need to update.
- Right-click on the selected driver and choose the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- If the prompt appears, select the “Search automatically for drivers” option
- Once done, relaunch the game and check whether the said issue is resolved or not.
If you don’t have enough time or patience to update the driver manually, you can depend on any third party driver updating tool. There are several automatic driver updating tools available online; you can select a reliable one among them.
Fix 7: Remove game cache files
Another reason for the Rocket League freezing issue is certain corrupted game caches. In this scenario, you need to clear game caches to get rid of the same issue. for doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, open File Explorer and click on This PC from the left pane menu.
- Then go to the following path,
Documents -> My Games -> Rocket League ->TAGame
- Inside the TAGame folder file list, select and right-click on the Cache folder.
- Then click on the Delete option from the sub-menu.
- Once done, restart the system and check whether the said issue is resolved or not.
Fix 8: Reinstall the game
If none of the above fixes helps you, then you need to uninstall and reinstall the game from a trusty source. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, open Steam and go to Library.
- Then right-click on the Rocket League and select Uninstall option from the sub-menu.
- If the Delete Game Files prompt appears, click on the Delete button.
- Once you uninstalled the game, relaunch Steam and download and install Rocket League again.
Hence these are all the top 7 fixes for the Rocket League Stuck or Freezing on Loading Screen issue. All the above-given fixes have been tried, tested and proven by several users.
We hope all the above information is helpful to you. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment in the below comment box.