Finally, Huawei finally started rolling their stock firmware on their official website. Now you can check out the list of Huawei Honor 8X stock firmware collection here at getdroidtips.com also. Here in this guide, we will help you to flash the magisk to Root Honor 8X (JSN). Read our step by step guide properly!
Who doesn't want to get the most of his Android device..?! Getting the superuser access through root and to be able to control various aspects like clocking, access to cache etc. are few of the various possibilities that we can explore. When we mention root access, this means we need to perform a certain modification that will root our phone and we will have access to the root directory of our device. In this post, we will show you how to Root Honor 8X (JSN-L42 ).
We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image and flash that to your boot partition. All you need to do is download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it.
You need to have an unlocked bootloader on your phone before you can Root Honor 8X. We have detailed the method on that below.
Mostly uninitiated people compare rooting with hacking which is not correct. The purpose in both contexts is quite different. Hacking is more like breaking into someone's else system illegally, whereas rooting is mostly done by the owner of an Android device to gain superuser advantages of the device.
Steps To Root Honor 8X Using Magisk
First of all, we need to unlock the device bootloader on Huawei Honor 8X. Then you can continue with the next steps. After this, we need to download and flash the patched ramdisk file which we mentioned above.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the OTA updates
Download Stock ROM and Extract the Boot Image
Here is the link for the same.
As of now, we don't have any patched boot image. But you can do it by yourself. You can just download the factory image and then create the boot patched image via Magisk. Here is this guideline on how to Create Patched Stock Boot Image using Magisk.
Before moving on to the flashing steps, you need to follow a few,
- Make sure to have enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This image file is strictly for Huawei Honor 8X only. Do not use it on any other OnePlus or other Android devices.
- Install ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- A PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable.
- Drop the Patched boot image file inside your ADB/Fastboot folder
- Install Huawei USB Drivers.
How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Huawei Honor 8X (JSN-L42 )
Assuming that you have used our above instruction and unlocked the bootloader, we will continue on flashing the patched boot image.
- First, let's begin by installing Magisk manager APK on your device.
- Once you have installed, Open Magisk Manager -> Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File, and select your stock boot image file. [For Indian variant: Download Patched Boot Image]
- Magisk Manager will start patching the boot image, and store it in [Internal Storage]/Download/patched_boot.img
- You need to pull the patched image and move it to /sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img.
- Now you need to boot your phone into fastboot mode.
- To boot into fastboot, press and hold the Power button + Volume Down Keys for sometimes.
- Now connect your device to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- If you've not downloaded, download the patched image file and
- Move that file into the ADB folder on PC.
- While you are in the ADB folder, press right-click + shift key in the empty space. You will see the below dialog box popping up.
- Click on Open Powershell Window here. Basically, the command prompt opens up upon clicking.
- Now type the following command and press enter
adb devices adb reboot-bootloader fastboot devices fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img fastboot reboot
- This will patch the Magisk ramdisk to your device and your phone will get rooted.Now your phone should be back to normal with no root yet, turn off your phone and turn it back on by booting into recovery (Power and volume up with phone disconnected from USB)
- Boot up and if you go to Magisk now you should be able to see Magisk installed with Installed Version same as Latest Version.
So, that's it. Now that you have rooted your Huawei Honor 8X (JSN-L42 ), you can try this out. If you have any queries regarding this, do let us know.