Motorola Moto G9 Power was announced back on the 5th of November, and it is now available for purchase in selected parts of the world. It is quite a hefty phone from Motorola, but that is understandable since it has a huge 6,000 cell inside it. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to Root Moto G9 Power using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
In order to root your Moto G9 Power, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Moto G9 Power Specifications: Overview
The Moto G9 Power features a 6.7-inch IPS LCD panel with support for HDR10. It has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The phone features the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G, which is an upper-midrange smartphone processor from Qualcomm. It is built on an 8nm manufacturing process, which means it is quite efficient. The Snapdragon 750G is an octa-core processor with two Kryo 570 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 570 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz.
Coming to the cameras, we get a triple camera setup at the back and a single front camera. The rear camera setup consists of a 48MP sensor with an f/1.7 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor with an f/2.2 lens, and a 2MP macro sensor with an f/2.4 lens. Coming to the front, we get a single 16MP sensor with an f/2.2 lens. The rear camera is capable of capturing 4K videos, but the front camera is limited to 1080p videos.
For connectivity, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, NFC, FM Radio, and USB Type-C 2.0. We get a 5,000 mAh battery with the Moto G9 Power, and it supports up to 20W fast charging. It is available in two color options: Volcanic Gray and Frosted Silver. For a price tag of 20,999 INR, this phone makes for a bargain with a competent processor and impressive camera specifications.
Steps To Root Moto G9 Power Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Moto G9 Power model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Motorola USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download the latest Moto G9 Power Stock ROM and move it to the PC
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Moto G9 Power
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Moto G9 Power from below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Moto G9 Power device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
Font changesh mathanum
RYT you 5c55