The Chinese OEM Xiaomi has recently launched its Mi 10T lineup devices such as Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro, Mi 10T Lite. As the name suggests, Mi 10T Lite is the lower or smaller variant under the Mi 10T series. All these three models are successors to the Mi 10 lineup devices. Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite (codenamed gauguin) is a budget rated 5G connectivity device.
If you’re using the Mi 10T Lite 5G device and want to enable root access via Magisk then this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to Root Mi 10T Lite 5G using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
In order to root your Mi 10T Lite 5G, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device’s boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G Specifications:
The Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite has a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display, 1080×2400 pixels resolution, a 20:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, HDR10, 120Hz refresh rate, 450 nits typ. brightness, etc. It runs on Android 10 on the top of MIUI 12 preloaded, packs an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 750 5G SoC, Adreno 619 GPU, 6GB RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 128GB (UFS 2.2) internal storage.
The handset sports a quad rear camera setup that consists a 64MP (wide, f/1.9), an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2), a 2MP (macro, f/2.4), a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens along with the PDAF, HDR, a dual-LED dual-tone flash, Panorama, etc. On the front side, it has a 16MP (wide, f/2.5) selfie camera lens that features HDR mode.
The Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite sports a 4,820mAh battery with 33W fast charging, a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor. In terms of the connectivity part, it has a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS, dual-band GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, NFC, Infrared Port, USB Type-C port, etc.
Steps To Root Mi 10T Lite 5G Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your Mi 10T Lite 5G
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Mi 10T Lite 5G model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Mi 10T Lite 5G
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Mi 10T Lite 5G from below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Mi 10T Lite 5G device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.