Samsung finally started pushing their new major OS update; One UI 4.0 for the Galaxy Fold based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number F900FXXU6GUL9 for users in Europe and will soon reach other users around the globe. With this, Samsung has included the latest January 2022 Security patch which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Being the 12th installment of the Android series, Android 12 creates a lot of hype with its new features, design, UI improvements, and many more. According to the official, they are planning to release the stable version of their latest OS update anywhere soon in the month of August or October month. Meanwhile, every big smartphone venture already started rolling out their OS skin based on Android 12 for their flagship segments. Previously, Google stated that this update is going to be one of the most prominent changes ever made by Google in their OS. This is the main reason behind the hype created for the upcoming updates.
Samsung Galaxy Fold Device Overview:
Samsung Galaxy Fold comes with a massive 7.30-inch touchscreen primary display and a 4.60-inch touchscreen as its secondary display. Not only that, but it is power-packed with the flagship 2.84GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor. Also, the RAM management is good as it features 12 GB RAM along with a 4380mAh battery that you can charge using quick charge 2.0 within an hour.
However, as this is a foldable phone, that doesn’t limit Samsung to cut down the device’s sensors. Yes, this device comes with almost all the sensors, including a proximity sensor. Anyway, as you can see, the specs of this device are decent as who knows that Samsung has already planned something for this device.
So, we will suggest you wait until Samsung official confirms that Galaxy Fold will not be going to receive this major update. Until then, there is a hope that Samsung may look forward to its 2019’s flagship game changer smartphone and bring something great for its users.
One UI 4.0 Upgrade and Features
Of course, the Samsung Galaxy Fold came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and later received the Android 11 update. According to Samsung’s recent policy change, their device will get three years of major OS support and four years of a security patch update. As promised, finally Samsung started rolling their One UI 4.0 update to their most flagship and feature-rich smartphone.
One UI 4.0, which is based on Android 12 brings an entirely new UI design with a simplified color palette feature and the game-changer Android 12’s material YOU design that lets users significantly personalize the look and feel of the UI. The dark mode is now been expanded to all app icons and the camera UI adds ease to use and is better than the last version.
Android 12 One Ui 4.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on January 15, 2022: Today Samsung rolled their first One Ui 4.0 update to the European users with software version F900FXXU6GUL9. The update comes with January 2022 security patch which fixes the security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Download Android 12 | One UI 4.0 Update:
|Build Number: F900FXXU6GUL9
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on Samsung Note 10 Lite
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 4.0 update based on Android 12 on your Samsung Galaxy Fold, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy Fold battery charged at least up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at steps to flash Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy Fold.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 12 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy Fold. In order to flash Android 12 (One UI 4.0) on Samsung Galaxy Fold, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 12 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy Fold.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy Fold to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy Fold.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.