Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G was launched in 2020 with Android 11 out of the box. The device recently received the first major OS update with Android 11 and its second major OS update to Android 12 on top of One UI 4.1.
This post lets you download and install the latest Android 13 stable update for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip devices. Now that Google has released the sturdy build of its latest OS, Android 13, many OEMs are quick to jump on this bandwagon. Going by the track record of Samsung, it is no surprise that they have also released an update for their flagship smartphones. This new One UI 5.0/5.1 update would bring in many noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new brings in improvements like multi-language support, user privacy, revamped clipboard features, and more. Other than these, there are a few design changes, like an updated media player and support for themed icons to match wallpaper colour. Here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip devices.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip: Overview
The Galaxy Z Flip comes with a 6.7-inches foldable dynamic AMOLED display that has more than 82% screen-to-body ratio, 1080×2636 pixels resolution, HDR10+, 425 ppi pixel density, etc. While folded, the screen turns into a cover display having a 1.1-inches Super AMOLED with 112×300 pixels resolution. It runs on One UI 2.0 on the top of Android 10 out-of-the-box.
The device is powered by Snapdragon 855+ SoC, paired with Adreno 640 GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB internal storage. It packs a dual rear camera of 12MP (wide, f/1.8) + 12MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) lens with an LED flash, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, HDR, Panorama, and more. On the front side, the device has a 10MP (wide) selfie camera with an f/2.4 aperture lens, PDAF, HDR, etc.
It sports a 3,300mAh battery with 15W fast charging support and wireless charging as well. The handset includes dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, NFC, USB Type-C port, etc. It also features a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ambient light, an accelerometer, a gyroscope, compass, proximity, barometer, etc.
Android 13 and Its Features
Google has finally started rolling out their stable Android 13 update to the public. Regarding the Android 13, it seems that the Android 13’s successor has plenty of additional features and improvements to its predecessor. We’ve already seen and used the major UI and design element changes in Android 13 last year, known as ‘Material You.’ This materialistic theming design enhanced the Android user experience from the minimal subtle look, rounded corners, improved pop-ups, etc.
Whereas the improved scrolling screenshots, optimized one-handed UI mode, better privacy & security features, improved app notifications, per-app basis language preferences, app permissions to send notifications, BT LE Audio support, auto theme icons, updated now playing widget, etc. Users will also find intuitive QR scanner support, enhanced silent mode, tap-to-transfer media controls, multiple profiles for NFC payments, and more.
Android 13 One UI 5.0/5.1 Update Tracker:
Updated on March 07, 2023: Samsung has released the February 2023 security patch for the Galaxy Z Flip globally, with the build number F700FXXUAJWAD. This update brings the latest security enhancements to the device, ensuring that it remains protected against the latest threats and vulnerabilities.
Updated on December 8, 2022: Today, Samsung rolled their first One UI 5.0 update to the Galaxy Z Flip globally with software version F700FTBUAIVK3. The update carries Android 13 with November 2022 security patch.
Download Android 13 | One UI 5.0/5.1 Update:
|Build Number: F700USQU8JWI1
Security Patch: September 2023
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: F700FXXUDKWH7
Security Patch: August 2023
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: F700FXXUBJWD3
Security Patch: April 2023
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: F700FXXUAJWAD
Security Patch: February 2023
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: F700FTBUAIVK3
Security Patch: November 2022
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 13 on Samsung Z Flip
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 5.0/5.1 update based on Android 13 on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You must download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip battery charged by at least 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 13 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip. To flash Android 13 (One UI 5.0/5.1) on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 13 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy Z Flip to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy Z Flip.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.