Samsung finally unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, which is one of the successors of the first-ever folding phone- the Galaxy Fold. The new one got a small name change and a few good upgrades within the design and specs. The device recently received its first major OS update with Android 11 and later received its second major OS update to Android 12 on top of One UI 4.1.
This post lets you download and install the latest Android 13 stable update for the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 devices. Now that Google has released the sturdy build of its latest OS, Android 13, many OEMs are quick to jump on this bandwagon. Going by the track record of Samsung, it is no surprise that they have also released an update for their flagship smartphones. This new One UI 5.0 update would bring in many noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new brings in improvements like multi-language support, user privacy, revamped clipboard features, and more. Other than these, there are a few design changes, like an updated media player and support for themed icons to match wallpaper colour. Here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 devices.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G 5G Device Overview
Samsung calls the “Hideaway Hinge” of Galaxy Z Fold 2 “The most advanced mechanism for folding technology”. This means the Galaxy Z Fold 2 can not only open & close but also stand on its own at various angles, thanks to this hinge design.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 features a 7.6-inch display with Samsung’s Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG) & it’s a Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel (1768 x 2208) with 120Hz refresh rate. because of the LTPO technology, there’s a variable refresh rate which suggests the display can refresh as slow as once or as fast as 120 times every second. On the surface, there’s a 6.2-inch Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 2260 x 816 pixels. The refresh rate is 60Hz. Both the displays support HDR10+.
The triple camera setup on the rear includes a primary 12 Megapixel unit with OIS & f/1.8 aperture, a secondary 12 Megapixel ultrawide lens, and a 3rd 12 Megapixel zoom lens. The camera for selfies is that the same for both displays i.e., a ten Megapixel f/2.2 camera.
Under the hood, it’s the top-notch Snapdragon 865+ processor and has 5G support. The processor is paired with 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of fast UFS 3.1 storage. The smartphone runs on OneUI 2.1 supported Android 10.
Connectivity options on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/Yes, GPS, and USB Type-C. Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor. The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 supports face unlock.
Android 13 and Its Features
Google has finally started rolling out their stable Android 13 update to the public. As expected, only Google has released the update to their Pixel lineup, but no OEM has started cooking a stable yet.
Regarding the Android 13, it seems that the Android 13’s successor has plenty of additional features and improvements to its predecessor. We’ve already seen and used the major UI and design element changes in Android 13 last year, known as ‘Material You.’ This materialistic theming design enhanced the Android user experience from the minimal subtle look, rounded corners, improved pop-ups, etc.
Whereas the improved scrolling screenshots, optimized one-handed UI mode, better privacy & security features, improved app notifications, per-app basis language preferences, app permissions to send notifications, BT LE Audio support, auto theme icons, updated now playing widget, etc. Users will also find intuitive QR scanner support, enhanced silent mode, tap-to-transfer media controls, multiple profiles for NFC payments, and more.
Android 13 One UI 5.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on December 8, 2022: Today, Samsung rolled their first One UI 5.0 update to the Galaxy Z Fold 2 globally with software version F916BXXU2IVK3. The update carries Android 13 with November 2022 security patch.
Download Android 13 | One UI 5.0 Update:
|Build Number: F916BXXU2IVK3
Security Patch: November 2022
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 13 on Samsung Z Fold 2
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 5.0 update based on Android 13 on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You must download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 battery charged by at least 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 13 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2. To flash Android 13 (One UI 5.0) on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 13 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy Z Fold 2 to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy Z Fold 2.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.