Samsung finally unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 within the Galaxy Unpacked 2020. This one is that the successor to the first-ever folding phone- the Galaxy Fold. The new one got a small name change and a few good upgrades within the design and specs. Samsung launched its first foldable smartphone last year within the sort of Galaxy Z Fold, and while the device had some major issues with the display, within the beginning, the phone was later relaunched with improvements & soon became one among the foremost popular foldable phones of 2019.
Here we’ve shared a full list of Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Stock Firmware with their software update tracker.
If you’re a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 user and waiting for the latest firmware update or missed out on any particular firmware version, then you can easily find out the firmware and download it from the given link. Additionally, we’ve provided the firmware update changelogs, installation steps, requirements, etc. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the device overview below.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Specifications
- Check OTA Update
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Stock Firmware Tracker
- How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Manually
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Specifications
Samsung calls the “Hideaway Hinge” of Galaxy Z Fold 2 “The most advanced mechanism for folding technology”. This means the Galaxy Z Fold 2 can not only open & close but also stand on its own at various angles, thanks to this hinge design.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 features a 7.6-inch display with Samsung’s Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG) & it’s a Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel (1768 x 2208) with 120Hz refresh rate. because of the LTPO technology, there’s a variable refresh rate which suggests the display can refresh as slow as once or as fast as 120 times every second. On the surface, there’s a 6.2-inch Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 2260 x 816 pixels. The refresh rate is 60Hz. Both the displays support HDR10+.
The triple camera setup on the rear includes a primary 12 Megapixel unit with OIS & f/1.8 aperture, a secondary 12 Megapixel ultrawide lens, and a 3rd 12 Megapixel zoom lens. The camera for selfies is that the same for both displays i.e., a ten Megapixel f/2.2 camera.
Under the hood, it’s the top-notch Snapdragon 865+ processor and has 5G support. The processor is paired with 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of fast UFS 3.1 storage. The smartphone runs on OneUI 2.1 supported Android 10.
Connectivity options on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/Yes, GPS, and USB Type-C. Sensors on the phone include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor. The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 supports face unlock.
Check OTA Update
Samsung always releases firmware OTA updates to its eligible devices in batches based on the server or region. So, it’s quite obvious that most of the users may receive the firmware update notification lately. However, it’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device via the phone settings.
- Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates
- If the new software update is available, then tap Download now.
- Post the download, tap on Install update to begin the installation.
Make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and fully charge the battery level. If your device gets the latest software update notification, you can simply grab the OTA by downloading and installing it. But if in case, you want to install any particular update version or want to keep updated with each and every firmware update, you should follow the tracker list below.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Stock Firmware Tracker
We will keep updating the firmware update details whenever a new update will be available. So, make sure to bookmark this page. You will find stock firmware for SM-F9160 (China), SM-F916B (International); SM-F916U (USA); SM-F916U1 (USA unlocked); SM-F916W (Canada).
Make sure to download the correct firmware for your device. If you are using SM-F916F, then download firmware starting with SM-F916F.
Samsung SM-F916B Firmware Flash File
Samsung SM-F916U Firmware Flash File
Samsung SM-F916U1 Firmware Flash File
Samsung SM-F916W Firmware Flash File
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Manually
Ensure to follow all the requirements properly before going to the firmware installation process.
- Before you go ahead with the procedure, make sure to take a complete backup of your Samsung phone.
- Install the appropriate Samsung Galaxy USB drivers.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
- Download the latest version of the Odin tool.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging:
– To do that again, head to the Settings>>Developer Options>> allow USB Debugging.
- Enter your Galaxy device into the Download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons for Samsung phones with capacitive buttons and Volume Down + Bixby + Power for newer models.
Download Required Tools:
- How to Download Firmware: Frija Tool | Samfirm Tool | Samsung Firmware Website
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Instructions to Install
- Download the appropriate Galaxy stock firmware for your phone.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy device to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
We hope this tracker list and firmware flashing guide was helpful to all the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 users. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.