With the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro’s stronger build, longer battery life, and improved fitness tracking capabilities, the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro refines Samsung’s smartwatch formula while delivering a user-friendly interface and an extensive app suite.
The Wear OS watch is the best you can buy right now – just expect to pay a premium for it. Several exciting new releases are on the horizon that might challenge the status as usual. But, unfortunately, there is some issue that this watch has.
Talking about the most recent one the silent alarm is not working on the Samsung Watch 5 and 5 Pro. However, there is no need to worry as we have made some fixes to this problem. So, let’s check out those fixes.
- How Can I Stop My Galaxy Watch From Vibrating When the Alarm Goes Off?
- How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro Silent Alarm Not Working
- How to Properly Silent Alarm on My Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro?
How Can I Stop My Galaxy Watch From Vibrating When the Alarm Goes Off?
It’s likely that you have set a silent alarm. Using this alarm will make use of the vibrate feature of your watch instead of the Sound. If you wish to disable it too, make sure to use the steps given below:
- Open Settings, swipe to Sounds and vibration and tap it.
- Under Sound mode, select Sound.
- In the next step, tap the switch next to Vibrate while ringing or Vibrate with Sound. When turned off, the switch will be grayed out or black.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro Silent Alarm Not Working
There are some fixes that will help you fix the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro silent alarm not working issue. If you are experiencing this issue, please refer to the information mentioned below:
Fix 1: Delete The Alarm And Set It Again
Suppose the silent alarm is not working on your Samsung Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro. In that case, you may be able to resolve the issue by simply deleting the already assigned alarm and resetting it again. As soon as you reset the alarm, check to see if the said issue has been resolved.
Fix 2: Update Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro software
It is important to check your Samsung Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro’s software if you are experiencing a silent alarm issue. You will only receive the latest bug fixes on your Smartwatch if you keep it up to date with the latest software updates.
If you want to update your watch using an Android phone, follow these steps:
But, before that, be sure to check your watch’s battery before starting the update process. To complete the update, you need at least a 30% charge on your watch.
- Initially, connect your watch to the Galaxy Wearable app on your mobile device.
- Select Watch Settings and Software Update from the menu
- Click on Download and Install.
If you are using an iOS device, you can update the watch as follows:
- On your mobile device, open the Galaxy Watch app. (The app is available in the App Store).
- After that, tap the Home option and select About watch.
- An update message appears on the screen, indicating that the watch has been updated.
- Tap on the Install button if any updates are available.
Fix 3: Soft Reset Your Samsung Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 can sometimes be affected by silent alarm issues due to a software glitch. If this happens, you should try restarting the watch. Whenever you restart the watch, it refreshes the operating system and removes any corrupted data that could be causing the problem.
- The watch will power cycle after approximately 7 seconds if you hold the power button and back button together.
- It should restart your Samsung watch.
- Samsung watches 5/5 Pro should start up normally after they’ve been rebooted.
You might be able to check if your watch’s vibrating or silent alarms now work.
Fix 4: Factory Reset the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro
The last resort for Galaxy Watch 5 owners will be to do a factory reset if the other possible fixes fail to solve the problem. It is through this process that you will be able to fix any firmware-related issues that may be causing the problem. It is highly recommended that you back up your watch data.
- Ensure your internal memory has been backed up.
- Turn off the Galaxy Watch.
- Keep the Power key pressed until REBOOTING appears at the bottom of the screen.
- To enter REBOOT MODE, simply press the Power key three times quickly.
- Make sure that the ‘Recovery’ key is highlighted by pressing it several times.
- Press and hold the Home key for three seconds when the Galaxy Watch starts rebooting.
You shouldn’t install any third-party apps on your watch until you have performed the factory data reset. If the vibrate or silent alarm modes do not work, you should first try the vibration or silent modes.
How to Properly Silent Alarm on My Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro?
Using the alarm app, you will be able to set the alarm on the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5. If you choose to set this to vibrate only rather than make a sound, the watch will make a sound by default.
Your Galaxy Watch 5 has an alarm app that can be used to set the alarm.
- Tap the Alarm app on your watch.
- Enter the time on the watch by choosing Add on watch.
- To repeat the alarm, tap Next and select the days.
- When you’re done, tap Save.
Here’s what you should do if you wish to muffle the alarm and only receive vibration notifications.
- Go to your watch’s app and tap Alarm.
- Select Add on watch and enter the time.
- Next, select the days you want the alarm to repeat, and tap Next.
- Click Sound.
- Select Mute.
- Click the back button.
- Make sure the vibration is not muted.
- Return to the previous screen.
- When done, click Save.
So, that’s how to fix the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro silent alarm is not working issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. Furthermore, in case you find that, you have any doubts or queries on your mind, comment below and let us know.