When you are trying to update Skype, you’ll receive an error 1603. Skype may be a recent Microsoft purchase and is essentially a moment messaging service, which also allows calls to landlines and mobiles across the world for a fraction of the worth of a traditional call. Basically, this issue happens while updating the Skype app or any system glitch appears on your device. Meanwhile, the software bug or the pending app update issue also can cause this error some times. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Fix Skype Error 1603 on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
Skype is usually utilized in computers or other devices but have you ever ever experienced it within the quite error on Skype while using it one iPhone? Well, I might wish to say that iPhone users may encounter Skype error 1603 and actually, several of them have reported about the difficulty on their new iPhone8/8 Plus. If you’re the one who is looking forward to getting obviate such an unexpected issue while accessing Skype then this blog will certainly guide you on the way to fix Skype error 1603 on the iPhone.
Skype may be a popular video chat program that’s used everywhere reception, offices, and business purposes. We all keep it up updating this Skype fairly often which takes few jiffies. But most of the time this installation process gets did not give Skype error 1603. This error takes place thanks to various reasons. If the un-installation of Skype wasn’t done successfully last time while updating the app, the installer is confused while installing the remake which provides this Skype error 1603.
Registered users of Skype are identified by a unique Skype ID and may be listed in the Skype directory under a Skype username. Skype allows these registered users to communicate through both instant messaging and voice chat. Voice chat allows telephone calls between pairs of users and conference calling and uses proprietary audio codec. Skype’s text chat client allows group chats, emoticons, storing chat history, and editing of previous messages. Offline messages were implemented in a beta build of version 5 but removed after a few weeks without notification. The usual features familiar to instant messaging users—user profiles, online status indicators, and so on—are also included.
Before you jump to the solutions, a few important things are required to follow. Check your internet connection first because poor internet connection or Wi-Fi can lead to several other issues. Remember that Skype requires a stable and fast connection to work better. In spite of having a good internet connection, if you come across the same error again and again then you need to follow the below methods to overcome error 1603 on iPhone while accessing Skype.
Fix Skype Error 1603 on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
After following all the mentioned process, make sure to check whether any app update is pending or not. You can also reboot your handset and try checking that error again. Here we’ve shared some of the possible workarounds that you may find useful.
1. Close Skype App and Reboot the device
- From the device home screen, swipe up from the bottom and hold to open the app previews.
- Next, swipe right or left to navigate to the app preview cards.
- Swipe up the Skype app card to close it forcefully.
- Then restart your iPhone.
In order to restart your iPhone:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button + Volume Up button for a few seconds.
- Slide to Power Off option will appear.
- Swipe the slider from left to right side switch off your device.
- Then long-press the Power/Side button for a couple of seconds.
- The Apple logo will appear and then release the button.
- Your phone will restart automatically.
2. Check iOS Update
- Launch the iPhone Settings > Select General.
- Tap on Software Update > If the new update is available, download & install it.
- Once installed, the device will reboot automatically.
3. Update Skype App to fix Skype error 1603 on iPhone 8
- Open the App Store > Tap on the Profile icon.
- Select the Updates option > tap on the Update button next to Skype app.
- Though, you can install all the pending app updates by selecting Update All option.
- Finally, restart your handset and check the Skype app if the issue still persists or not.
4. Delete Skype App and Reinstall it
In order to delete and reinstall the app or clear the app cache, let’s follow the steps below.
- Go to the device Settings > Select General.
- Select Storage > Go to the Skype app from the list.
- Here you can Delete the app easily.
Otherwise, you can do an easy step to delete the app.
- Long-tap on the Skype app icon on the home screen.
- The Skype app icon will start jiggling with the cross (x) icon.
- Just tap on the cross (x) icon > confirm the action by confirming.
Now, check the steps to reinstall it.
- Head over to the App Store > search for Skype app > tap on the Skype app result.
- Tap on the Cloud icon or Get button to download and install it.
- That’s it. Now, launch the Skype app, set it up and check for the issue again.
5. Reset Network Settings
- Launch the Settings menu > Select General > Select Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
- If asked, enter the passcode and proceed.
- Then restart your iPhone.
6. Reset All Settings to fix Skype error 1603 on iPhone 8
- Open the iPhone Settings.
- Select General > Select Reset.
- Tap on Reset all settings.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode.
- Tap on the Reset all settings again to proceed.
- Restart your iPhone.
That was it, this was the easiest way to Fix Skype Error 1603 on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- How to Fix if Airdrop Not Working on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix Incoming Call Delay Problem on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Setup and Access Visual Voicemail on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix Overheating Issues in iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- iPhone 8 Stuck on Apple Logo. How to Fix Boot Loop Issue on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Enter and Exit DFU Mode on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus