Do you want to install Stock ROM on Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium? then, you are in the right place. Here we will share all the latest Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Stock Firmware Collections. Here we have shared the full list of firmware link to download and install stock firmware on Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium. As we know, Android is one of the highly customizable software and there is a possibility that we may end up in a situation of lag, boot loop or soft brick. Then, this guide will be helpful. It is always good to keep the Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Stock Firmware with you in case something went wrong.
If anyone faces problems like Screen freezing, unresponsive Touch, camera fail or boot loop, you can factory reset or flash the latest Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Stock Firmware. Check the other advantage of Stock Firmware given below.
If you have bought this device and looking for the fresh installation of Stock ROM, then you can simply grab the download link and flash the firmware on your phone by following the guide.
Android always opens the door to various possibilities such as flashing custom ROM or kernel or APK modding etc. These feats can be achieved by providing root access to your device or simply rooting your phone. In today’s date, rooting or customizing is no rocket science, but people perform these process carelessly. Certain users hastily carry out the modding/rooting process without properly following instructions. It leads to bricking of the device. It can happen with any device. In this post, we will tell you how you can restore or unbrick Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium back to the previous working condition.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Specifications:
Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium features a 5.99-inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM and Adreno 630 GPU. The device has internal storage with 64GB and also it can be expanded via microSD card with up to 400 GB. The handset has a IP65/IP68 certified dust and waterproof.
The camera on the Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium comes with a dual camera with 19 MP + 12 MP and on the front, the device sports 13 MP camera for selfies. The handset runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by 3540 mAh battery. Other connectivity options include, Fingerprint scanner, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, 4G VoLTE support, Dual Sim, and many more.
The Advantage of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the bootloop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
List of Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Stock Firmware Collections:
|Build Number||Security Patch|
|52.0.A.3.126||December 2018 Security Patch|
|52.0.A.3.84||Android 9.0 Pie and November Patch|
|51.1.A.11.51||September 2018 Security Patch|
|51.1.A.12.27||August 2018 Security Patch|
Steps to Install Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Stock Firmware:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- Remember: Supported for Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium
- Charge your phone: Before you proceed with the below information, charge your Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium to at least 50%.
- Laptop or PC: To carry out the second method, you need PC or Laptop.
- Take Device Backup: The very first thing to pay attention to is taking the device backup. If you have are not able to take the backup of phone data, however, if you have inserted a memory card in your device, remove it at least to save it.
- Install Latest Driver: Install the Latest Sony USB Drivers. [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Download Sony Flash Tool: You need to download Sony Flash tool and install on your PC.
- Download: Download the below given required files on your PC.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]
Disclaimer: We at Getdroidtips.com cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong. Take your own risk!
Instructions to Install on Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium:
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.[/su_note]
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First, you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off your phone and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of the update on Xperia XZ2 Premium.
I hope you installed the Stock ROM on Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium successfully, Now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.
- TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium and Root in a minute
- How to Unlock The Bootloader On Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Android 9.0 Pie Update
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Sony Xperia Devices
- Download latest Sony USB drivers and installation guide
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads