If you are someone who is looking to install Stock ROM on Huawei MediaPad M1 then this guide is for you. We believe you were trying to customize your device but the process went wrong. Now you may be facing issues such as Bootloop, or bricking of your smartphone. Otherwise, you may want to upgrade or downgrade the operating system on your smartphone. The only solution is to flash stock ROM on your device.
We have put up the stock ROM for Huawei MediaPad M1 which is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Also, we have put up the tutorial to flash the ROM on this device. So, check it out.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of boot loop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
Install Stock ROM on Huawei MediaPad M1
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Huawei MediaPad M1. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery..
Stock Firmware Information
- Device Supported: Huawei MediaPad M1
- Tool Supported: Huawei Multi-Download Tool
- Model No: S8-301u, 301L
- Android OS: 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- User interface (UI): EMUI 2
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 910
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware for the Huawei MediaPad M1 from the link below.
Download Required Files:
- Firmware File
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your PC and install it.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC
- You will also require Download Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and install it.
Now, let’s go to the full depth installation guide. Here we have shared the installation guides. Follow it and install the stock ROM on your Huawei MediaPad M1 device.Guide to Install Stock ROM using Huawei Multi-Download Tool
Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Huawei device recovery only if dload software is available. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on Huawei device.Guide to Install Huawei Firmware on any Huawei smartphone
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Huawei MediaPad M1. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.