Looking for Huawei Y5 2019 Amman-L29 / AMN-L29 firmware flash file? then, you are in the right place. In this guide, we will help you to flash the official firmware file on your Huawei Y5 2019 (Amman-L29). The smartphone came out in the year 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie on board.
As we know, this device is powered by Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 processor and packs powerful specs. To flash the stock ROM file, you need to download the software known as the SP Flash Tool on your PC. This method is simple and easy to follow.
Table of Contents
Advantages of Stock ROM File:
- Flash Stock to unbrick your Huawei Y5 2019 device
- Fix the device boot loop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device
- Fix bugs or lag or stutter on Huawei Y5 2019 device
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Gain phone warranty again (if applicable)
Steps to Flash Firmware File on Huawei Y5 2019 (Amman-L29)
Now, before we get straight to the installation guide, make sure to follow the prerequisites section below and make sure you download the flash tools and drivers on your PC.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Huawei Y5 2019 (Amman-L29). Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can back up your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Download SP Flash Tool on your PC and install it.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC
- You will also require Download Mediatek USB VCOM Driver and install it.
Stock Firmware Information
- Device Supported: Huawei Y5 2019
- Model: Amman-L29 / AMN-L29
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- User interface (UI): EMUI 9.1
- Processor: Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware for the Huawei Y5 2019 from the link below.
Download Flash Files
- Flash File Name: Huawei_Y5_2019_Amman-L29_188.8.131.528_C55E11R1P4_EMUI_9.1.0_05015VHX_Dload
- File Size: 3 GB
- Download Link: Click Here | Mirror
Upgrade using OTG Adapter or OTG Cable+USB Memory
- Download the dload firmware from the above link, extract it and copy the same to your USB memory stick. Make sure it is formatted as exFat or NTFS.
- Factory reset your device from the Settings option (optional). Once done, power it off.
- Now connect the memory stick using an OTG cable to your device. Make sure it has all the three extracted files from the dload firmware.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates and shows the Huawei+Android logo, presses the Power button three times. Doing so will make your device to reboot to eRecovery mode.
- In that menu, select Update Mode, then select the Memory card/OTG update mode. The update will now start.
So these were the steps to install the stock dload firmware on Huawei Y5 2019 using the memory stick. Let’s now have a look at how the same could be done via NM Card.
Install Dload Firmware using Huawei NM Card
- Extract the stock firmware and place the three extracted files to the Huawei NM Card.
- Factory reset your device (optional) and then power off your device.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates, it will show the Huawei+Android logo. In this instance, press the Power button 3 times. This takes you to the eRecovery mode.
- Select Update mode from the menu and select Memory Card/OTG Update mode. The update will then start.
However, if you wish to carry out the update from the system itself, then follow the instructions mentioned in the next section below.
Update from System
- Extract the dload stock firmware of Huawei Y5 2019 and transfer the three extracted files to the Huawei NM Card or to the memory stick.
- Now head over to the dialer and enter *#*#2846579#*#*. From the menu that appears, select the Software Update option.
- After that, select the Memory Card Upgrade. The system will now read files from the inserted SD card/USB storage or NM Card and will subsequently flash the file.
- When the installation is complete, you could safely remove the OTG.
For Installation via SP Flash Tool, follow this
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Huawei Y5 2019. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.