Nubia Red Magic 5S (model NX659J) has been launched as the newest member of the brand’s Red Magic series of gaming smartphones, after the Red Magic 5G and Red Magic 5G Lite. The Red Magic 5S includes an improved cooling system, with a silver-plated cooling pad called ICE Ag accompanying the 15,000 RPM built-in fan for better thermal performance under load and while charging.
On this page, we will guide you on how to install the official stock ROM flash file on your Nubia Red Magic 5S NX659J. Well, Nubia Red Magic 5S is based on Android 10 which is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor. This guide will be helpful to unbrick or fix any software issues on your device.
To install the firmware flash file on Nubia Red Magic 5S, you need to download the software called QFil Flash tool. This method is simple and easy. We have also added video and step-by-step tutorials to make things easier to flash the firmware file.
Nubia Red Magic 5S Device Overview
Nubia Red Magic 5S features 6.65 inches AMOLED capacitive touchscreen which provides a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The refresh rate is 144Hz and the touch sample up to 240 Hz, the dimension is 168.6 x 78 x 9.8 mm while it weighs 218 grams.
Under the hood, the Smartphone is powered by 1×2.84 GHz, 3×2.42 GHz, 4×1.8 GHz Octa-core core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 Processor. An 8 GB of RAM (or up to 16 GB) will ensure the phone runs smoothly even the foremost memory-intensive applications & show no signs of lag. 128 GB (or up to 256 GB) of internal storage won’t be open for expansion in the least. The Red Magic 5S packs a 4,500mAh battery that supports 55W air-cooled fast charging.
In the camera department, the Nubia Red Magic 5S carries an identical triple rear camera setup that was available on the Red Magic 5G. it’s the 64-megapixel Sony IMX686 primary sensor alongside an f/1.8 lens, paired with an 8-megapixel secondary sensor that features a 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2-megapixel macro shooter. The phone also comes with an 8-megapixel selfie camera sensor at the front.
The Red Magic 5S comes with up to 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage that does not support expansion via a microSD card. Connectivity options include 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.1, GPS/ A-GPS, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. there’s also a fanatical connector for the Ice Dock. Sensors on board include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, magnetometer, and a proximity sensor. there’s also an in-display fingerprint sensor.
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your Nubia Red Magic 5S. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Nubia Red Magic 5S Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Nubia Red Magic 5S
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Nubia Red Magic 5S
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Nubia Red Magic 5S
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot Nubia Red Magic 5S
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device:
- Restore Nubia Red Magic 5S back to Factory State
- Device Name: Nubia Red Magic 5S NX659J
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: QFil
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865
- Android Version: Android 10, Redmagic 3.0
How to Flash Nubia Red Magic 5S NX659J Firmware File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Nubia Red Magic 5S, you should download the firmware flash file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- We assume that you’ve downloaded the firmware file and installed the other drivers & tools on your PC.
- This Stock ROM file is exclusive for the Nubia Red Magic 5S model only.
- Try to charge your device more than 60% at least.
- Take a Full Data Backup without Root before doing anything.
- If TWRP Recovery is already installed, keep a Nandroid Backup via TWRP.
- You will require a computer and a USB data cable.
Download Required Files
- Firmware File:
- V6.23 China Firmware: Download
- Qualcomm USB Drivers
- QFil Flash Tool
- Nubia USB Drivers
Method 1: Instructions to Install:
- First of all, to install the firmware on Nubia Red Magic 5S, download the package and move it to the device storage.
- Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Update
- Tap on the 3 dot icon in the top right corner and select the update package.
- Find the zip file and confirm the process.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QFil:How To Install firmware via QFil
I hope you installed the firmware file on Nubia Red Magic 5S NX659J successfully, Now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.