Updated on August 27, 2020: Today we have added new links to download the latest firmware flash file for the Tecno Pop 3 BB2.
TECNO Pop 3 is the latest low-end smartphone from TECNO Mobile. The device is the direct successor the Pop 2 launched back in November 2018. Unlike the predecessor, this comes with a bigger display, although an equivalent CPU is still used. Today we will guide you to install the stock ROM on Tecno Pop 3 BB2. Here we have shared the official firmware for this device.
Android is full of customizations and tweaks that all the users can easily perform. But users have to follow the guide and step-by-step process properly in order to done customization successfully. Unfortunately, some of the users may not follow the proper steps or don’t flash the compatible file on their devices during Custom ROM installation or rooting, etc. Therefore, their devices can be easily bricked or stuck into the bootloop issue.
In that case, it’s highly recommended to unbrick their devices or fix the bootloop issue at first by flashing the Stock ROM again. Even if your device is having an issue with the software performance or overheating or network drop or battery charging or anything else, you should re-install the Stock ROM. As the Tecno Pop 3 device runs on MediaTek chipset, we will provide you the firmware installation method using the SP Flash Tool.
Table of Contents
Tecno Pop 3 Device Overview
The device comes with a shocking 5.7” Full view screen that brings you a wider viewing area. With perfect screen ratio and clear resolution, you’ll browse more content with less scrolling and touch more fun. Come and explore more wonderful through fresh POP 3. The 5.7 inches IPS capacitive touch screen with 480 x 960 px resolution is multitouch capable.
Under the hood, there’s a 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6580A quad-core CPU, alongside Mali-400MP2, 1GB of RAM, and a 16GB internal storage. Unfortunately, the device remains running the already aged Android 8.1 (Oreo; Go Edition).
On the camera department, the TECNO Pop 3 comes with a 5-megapixel auto-focus rear camera, and one 8-megapixel fixed-focus selfie sensor, with one LED flash on each side. Adopting 8MP AI Selfie Camera with Flash, selfies taken by POP 3 would be clearer, brighter, and more charming.
The device comes with 7-level face beautification also as AI-FaceID. It also features a rear-placed fingerprint scanner and is available with support for dual Micro SIMs and 3G-only networks. The juice is supplied by a 3500mAh battery with the above-mentioned Android 8.1 (Oreo; Go Edition) out of the box. This smartphone features a built-in GPS receiver. GPS is a satellite-based navigation system that permits the determination of the precise geographical location on Earth.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Tecno Pop 3
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Tecno Pop 3, you should download the firmware file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
Stock ROM Advantages
Stock ROM comes by default on a smartphone or tablet device that usually runs on an operating system like Android OS. All the device OEMs provide the specially crafted and compatible firmware version for each and every model. It also offers a more stable and smoother user experience which you may not find on Custom Firmware.
- Fix Bootloop issue on Tecno Pop 3
- Bricked your Tecno Pop 3? Unbrick by following this tutorial
- Upgrade or Downgrade the software version on Tecno Pop 3
- Can unroot the device
- Fix software related issues or bugs
- Get back the device warranty again, if under warranty period
- Device Name: Tecno Pop 3 BB2
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6580
- Android Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
- We assume that you’ve downloaded the firmware file and installed the other drivers & tools on your PC.
- This Stock ROM file is exclusive for the Tecno Pop 3 model only.
- Try to charge your device more than 60% at least.
- Take a Full Data Backup without Root before doing anything.
- If TWRP Recovery already installed, keep a Nandroid Backup via TWRP.
- You will require a computer and a USB data cable.
Instructions to Install: via Recovery
- First of all, Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Tap on Build Number 7 Times.
- Go to Developer Options –> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download firmware from above and save it in Internal storage.
- Now Reboot to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from SD Card.
- Select the Downloaded ZIP file from SD Card.
- Wait until the installation process Completes.
- Once the installation completed. Reboot the Phone
Instructions to Install: via SP Flash tool
Now, without wasting anymore time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
Follow our full-depth video guide below:Video Guide to Install Stock ROM via SP Flash Tool
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your Tecno Pop 3 device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.