Vivo has unveiled its new Vivo iQOO Pro 5G (Model: PD1921 ) Edition smartphone was launched on 22nd August 2019. The phone comes with a 6.41-inch touchscreen display and runs on the Android v9.0 (Pie) operating system. If you’re the Vivo iQOO Pro 5G user and looking for the official Stock Firmware to download, you can follow this full guide below. Here you can check How to Install Stock ROM on Vivo iQOO Pro 5G [Firmware flash file]. We have also put up the stock firmware advantages, firmware info, and requirements for your ease.
Android is full of customizations and tweaks that all the users can easily perform. But users have to follow the guide and step-by-step process properly in order to done customization successfully. Unfortunately, some of the users may not follow the proper steps or don’t flash the compatible file on their devices during Custom ROM installation or rooting, etc. Therefore, their devices can be easily bricked or stuck into the bootloop issue.
In that case, it’s highly recommended to unbrick their devices or fix the bootloop issue at first by flashing the Stock ROM again. Even if your device is having an issue with the software performance or overheating or network drop or battery charging or anything else, you should re-install the Stock ROM. As the Vivo iQOO Pro 5G device runs on MediaTek chipset, we will provide you the firmware installation method using the SP Flash Tool.
Table of Contents
- 1 Vivo iQOO Pro 5G Device Overview
- 2 Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
- 3 Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo iQOO Pro 5G PD1921
Vivo iQOO Pro 5G Device Overview
vivo iQOO Pro 5G was announced in September 2019 which sports a 6.41-inch Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels with 402 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by a 2.5D curved glass screen.
vivo iQOO Pro 5G is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset coupled with 8/12GB of RAM and 1258/256/512GB of internal storage. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under Funtouch 9 and backed by a 4500 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Triple-camera setup with 48MP + 13MP + 12MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 12MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The vivo iQOO Pro 5G comes with a fingerprint sensor under the display.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of bootloop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
- You can unbrick your bricked Vivo iQOO Pro 5G.
- Fixes the bootloop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Vivo iQOO Pro 5G.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Vivo iQOO Pro 5G.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo iQOO Pro 5G PD1921
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Vivo iQOO Pro 5G. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Device Supported: Vivo iQOO Pro 5G PD1921
- Tool Supported: QFil or QPST tool / MSMDownload tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- Funtouch OS: 9.1
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware, flash tool and drivers for the Vivo iQOO Pro 5G from the link below.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on Vivo device.Guide to Install Vivo Firmware on any Vivo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware, if not select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from PC. That’s it!
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Vivo iQOO Pro 5G :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Vivo iQOO Pro 5G.
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Vivo iQOO Pro 5G PD1921. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.