Microsoft Teams is a great platform for businesses, organizations, and schools to collaborate with team members and colleagues. You can use the platform to communicate with anyone in the world directly or via the “Team Chat” feature. You can use this feature to not only send text messages, but also images in different formats like PNG, JPG, GIF, and JPEG. However, many users have recently reported a problem within the application, i.e., Microsoft Teams chat not displaying images. In laymen’s terms, users are not able to view the images they have shared with their colleagues. So, is there any way to fix the problem?
Luckily, there is, and this post is all about that. Here, we’re going to talk about how to fix Microsoft Teams Chat not displaying images. So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
- Reasons Why Microsoft Teams Chat Not Displaying Images
- How to Fix Microsoft Teams Chat Not Displaying Images?
- Final Words
Reasons Why Microsoft Teams Chat Not Displaying Images
Before talking about how to fix Microsoft Teams chat not displaying images, it’s important to know about the culprit. This will ensure that the next time any such problem occurs, you will already know which place to look out for. Nevertheless, let’s check out the reasons one by one.
- Incompatible Browser: Microsoft Teams is compatible with almost all the browsers present on the internet. But if you are using a new name that is not widely popular to access the platform, the Microsoft teams can throw such image-related issues at you.
- Incompatible devices and operating systems: similar to the browser, if you are using an incompatible device or operating system to access Microsoft Teams, then you will face images not loading in the Microsoft Teams chat issue.
- Outdated Microsoft Teams: It’s important to keep applications up-to-date. It not only keeps the device safe but also makes sure that the particular application is free from any bugs and glitches. The same could be said for Microsoft Teams. If you are using an outdated version, you are most likely to face such a problem.
How to Fix Microsoft Teams Chat Not Displaying Images?
Now that you are aware of all the aspects that were responsible for the problem, it’s time to check out how to fix them. So, here are different methods you can try to fix Microsoft Teams Chat not displaying images.
Fix 1: Try a Different Browser
Although Microsoft Teams is compatible with almost all browsers, like any other application on the internet, it is also prone to bugs and glitches. So, it might be the case that the browser you’re currently using has an incompatibility issue with Microsoft Teams. For this reason, the application is not able to load the images. Try a different browser as a solution to it. We recommend using Microsoft’s native browsers, such as Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer.
Login to Microsoft Teams using your credentials on either of the browsers. Once done, send an image to your colleague on the chat and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 2: Use the Web Client
Microsoft Teams is available in both desktop and web interfaces. But sometimes the desktop client can throw different issues, including the non-loading of images. One of the best ways in which you can fix it is by using the web interface.
Just visit the Microsoft team’s official website on your browser and log in with your credentials. Once done, send an image to your friend and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 3: Clear the Browser and Microsoft Team Cache Data
The best workaround you can try to get rid of any problem that revolves around your favorite application is to clear its cache data. Cache data is nothing but some information that every application stores to offer a faster service. So, here’s what you need to do to clear the cache data of your browser and Microsoft Team Desktop Client.
Clear Browser Cache Data
- Click on the three-dots present in the top right corner.
- Go to More Tools > Clear Browsing Data.
- Checkmark “Cached images and files” and click on “Clear data.”
This is how you can clear the cache data on Google Chrome. The method will be similar for almost all the browsers you use. But if you encounter any difficulty, feel free to ask us in the comments. Nevertheless, in case clearing browser cache data doesn’t work for you, here are the steps you need to follow to clear the cache data of the Microsoft Teams desktop client.
- Open File Explorer on Windows 11.
- Now, head over to Local Disk (C:) > Users > “Desktop name” > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Teams
- Here, you will find a couple of folders.
- Open the “Cache folder”.
- Select all the files and delete them.
Now restart the Microsoft Teams desktop client and check if the problem is fixed or not. If not, move on to the next one.
Fix 4: Try a Compatible Device and Operating System
Similar to browser incompatibility, Microsoft Teams can also be incompatible with some particular device or operating system. And because of this, it is not able to load images. The problem can be caused by some kind of software glitch. The mobile application of Microsoft Teams is always seen falling victim to such problems.
As a solution to the problem, you can try using a different device or operating system. For instance, if you are using Android to access the platform, you can try using Windows and vice versa to see if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 5: Download Microsoft Team Latest Update
It’s always recommended to keep on updating an application so that it is always free from any kind of bugs and glitched. The same can be said for Microsoft Teams. If you haven’t updated it for a long time, the chances are high that it will throw different kinds of errors, like images not loading problems.
To fix the problem, make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft Teams installed on this system. If not, here are the steps to follow to update the application.
- Open the Microsoft Teams desktop client.
- Click on the three-dots present at the top section and then select “Settings”.
- Tap the “About Teams” link in the bottom left corner.
- Here, you will see the installed version of Microsoft Teams. You can also check whether there is an available update or not. If yes, Microsoft Teams will automatically start downloading the update.
Once updated, relaunch the application and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 6: Login Microsoft Teams As A Member
If you are facing a Microsoft Teams chat not displaying images problem, the chances are high that you are logged in as a guest account. The guest account of Microsoft Teams has been given fewer permissions and privileges. And this is what may have caused the problem you are currently facing.
So, as a solution to it, first, log out of the guest account and log in using a Microsoft Teams member account. Once done, send an image message to your friend and see if the problem is fixed or not. If so, you are good to go. However, if the issue continues, move on to the next workaround.
Fix 7: Change Internet Connection
The last workaround you can try to fix the Microsoft Teams problem you are currently facing is to try a different internet connection. Some applications are highly dependent on the ISP to offer their services, and unfortunately, Microsoft Teams is among such applications as well. So, if you are connected to a network provider that has restricted certain services of the application, you might face different problems, including images not loading. As a solution to it, try using a different network provider, and check if the problem is solved or not.
This was how to fix the Microsoft Teams chat not displaying images problem. As there isn’t any specific workaround available for the problem as of now, you might have to go through all the fixes and stick with the one that solves the problem. Nevertheless, you can also share any other working solution to get rid of the problem in the comments.