If you are using Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition smartphone and want to install TWRP Recovery then you’re in right place. You can now Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition and root using Magisk.
Here in this article, we will cover all the basic details, requirements, download links, and installation steps completely. If you’re an advanced user or a developer, you may know that installing TWRP Recovery and rooting a device can make a huge difference in user experience. You can simply do a lot of things or customizations after installing TWRP Recovery and gaining root access. You will be able to flash Custom ROMs, install Mods, perform backup and restore, installing root, and more.
Let’s head over to the device specifications overview in brief. Then we will head over to the Recovery.
Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition Device Overview
The handset launched a few days ago in China with a 6.39-inch display with 1080×2340 pixels resolution. It’s powered by the octa-core 2.2GHz Snapdragon 710 SoC coupled with 8GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage variant. The storage can be expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card. The device runs on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of MIUI 10 out-of-the-box.
In terms of the camera specs, the Mi CC9 Meitu Edition device packs a 48MP primary + a secondary 8MP + a third 2MP camera along with an LED flash. While the front features a single 32MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture lens. The front camera also supports the AI Face Unlock option. It packs a 4,030 mAh battery with fast charging support.
The device features dual Nano-SIM slot with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5, NFC, and USB Type-C port. The phone also packs some of the sensors like accelerometer, ambient light, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and an in-display fingerprint scanner.
Now, we will talk about the TWRP Recovery and its advantages and then installation steps.
TWRP Recovery: Overview
TWRP full form is “Team Win Recovery Project”. It let the user flash recovery files and ROM files over ZIP or image extension easily with a simple and fully-featured User Interface. The TWRP is so much popular and widely used by the users and developers all over the world. Here we have mentioned some of the advantages of installing TWRP Recovery on your device.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Flash Custom ROM.
- Flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP.
- Root and Unroot with SuperSU.
- Install Magisk for root and unroot.
- Flash GApps package as well.
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP Recovery.
- Flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition.
- Remove all bloatware using TWRP.
- You can underclock and overclock the system performance.
- Perform clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition
We will share you the full depth guide on how to download and install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition handset. After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several Mods, flash ROMs, take backup & restores, and more. Follow the download links and requirements as well. Then check the full depth guide completely.
- TWRP Recovery file: Download Here
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- Xiaomi USB Driver – Download and Install on your PC
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
- This guide and file are only supported for Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition. Don’t use it on other devices.
- You will require to unlock bootloader on Mi CC9 Meitu Edition. (Process will be the same)
- Charge your device battery up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup without Root of your device data.
- You will need a USB cable and a PC/Laptop to connect your phone with the computer.
Installation Guide using ADB fastboot method:
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
- Rename the TWRP image file to recovery. That’s important!
- Download and install or extract the Android SDK or ADB Folder. (C:\ADB & Fastboot)
- Now, open the command window on the same adb folder by pressing and holding the Shift key + right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select the “Open PowerShell window here” or Command Window option.
- Turn off your phone and connect to the PC via a USB Cable.
- Next, Press and hold the Volume Down + Power key together for a few seconds to boot into Fastboot mode.
- Now enter the following command and hit enter:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once you are done, you can reboot your phone using the following command:
You’re done. You have installed TWRP Successfully.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition
In order to root your phone, you will need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition without PC or Computer. Here in this guide, we will share how to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone.
What is Rooting?
Rooting for Android means similar to the jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. It will give you the superuser access as an administrator to use your device over an Android subsystem and system apps.
Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable). But it will give you some unleash power and access to change or edit the system settings, themes, icons, install other mod files, etc.
Advantages of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking device.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition.
- You can block Ads on any applications.
- By Rooting Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition:
Here is the guide on how to root Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition smartphone. Make sure to follow only one method, either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.Guide to Install SuperSU on Your Device Guide to Install Magisk and Magisk Manager
Hope that you have successfully installed TWRP and enabled root access on your Mi CC9 Meitu Edition device. In case if you’re facing any issue, feel free to ask in the comments down below.