We use Gmail for sending documents, official and personal mail regularly. At the same time, our Gmail is also connected with many other websites and applications to know information, banking details, or any upcoming or ongoing offers. Sometimes we archive our emails to clean up the crowd or unnecessary emails. but sometimes, we might accidentally move some of our essential emails to Archive, and here are some ways to unarchive Gmail emails in your account.
Gmail is a free email service with 1.5 billion active users worldwide. It has one of the largest userbases that can access by all leading smart services across all platforms. However, we often delete unnecessary emails like spam and offers. Some of them move to the Trash or archive section, but some may have sensitive information like passwords or codes (gift card, bank details, etc).
These Archive emails are saved in a different folder, and you can get back them in a few steps at any time through any device with an active internet connection.
How to Unarchive Gmail Emails?
Google is known for its privacy, features, and user-friendly interface. If you find any issue in any Google products, you may contact Google support for assistance. When we move any mail from Inbox to archive, the mail disappears from the Inbox section but is not deleted, just hidden from the plain view. However, a quick tip to unarchive emails in Gmail is using the undo command’s shortcut (Ctrl+Z). It will restore the current archive emails on the desktop.
Unarchive Gmail Emails in Desktop
Here are the steps to unarchive your email in your Gmail account. On desktop, you can use many browsers to follow the below steps.
- Open Gmail and enter credentials.
- Now navigate and open All Mail Labels in your Gmail account.
- Now select the emails that you want to Unarchive from the list of all archive mails.
- After selecting the emails right click and then select Move to Inbox.
- You can also choose the move to Inbox from the top panel of Gmail as a shortcut.
- Go back to Inbox and check you unarchive the selected emails in your Inbox.
Unarchive Gmail Emails on Android or iOS Devices
The following method is for Android and iOS devices. In Android, Gmail has an inbuilt app as the Android-based on Google OS, and for iOS devices, you have to install the app from the App Store.
- Open the Gmail app and then press the three vertical lines to open the menu from the left side corner.
- Now tap and open the All mails folder.
- You can select multiple emails as per your requirement by a tap on the check box.
- After that, tap on the three dots to open the sub-menu.
- Next, tap on Move to Inbox to unarchive the selected emails.
Unarchive Gmail Emails With IMAP in Email Programme
It is the option where you can connect your Gmail account through an email program via IMAP. After connecting the Gmail account to your email program, then go to the all mails section. It may have in the name of Archive or ALL emails depend on your email program. Now select the emails that you want to unarchive from the all mail list. After choosing the mails, click on the move to inbox folder of the same Gmail account. There is no change in the all mails folder, but after that, your emails are move to the inbox.
Archive is a good option to manage your Gmail account from overflowing of mails. You can store important emails that are necessary for the future. Most users mark a label to the mail according to the importance or category. We hope now you can unarchive the emails in Gmail easily on any platform. If you have difficulty while apple the above methods, do let us know in the comment box.