Infinix Smart 4 is one of the latest smartphones launched by the Infinix brand in October 2019. The device comes with an LCD display with HD+ resolution. However, the design of this device looks awesome along with the waterdrop notch. The device runs on Android 9.0 Pie (Go Edition) which is really good for a low-spec entry-level smartphone. In this guide, we will tell you how to unlock the bootloader on Infinix Smart 4.
Bootloader unlocking is required when the user wants to perform certain modifications on his device. It may be rooting, installing some custom ROM or any other application. Often it happens that people are enthusiastic to perform customization on their devices, but lack the correct tools and guidance to do so. So, here we come to the scene and provide you with this guide.
It is easy to Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Smart 4. The process is simple. Even if you are quite new in the world of Android customization, you will find it simple to Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Smart 4.
Infinix Smart 4: Overview
The Dual Nano-SIM based Infinix Smart 4 handset has a 6.6-inches IPS LCD display with 720×1600 pixels resolution and a pixel density of 266 PPI. It’s powered by a quad-core Mediatek Helio A22 SoC, paired with PowerVR GE8320 GPU. While the device packs 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, and 256GB of expandable storage via a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
The device sports an 8MP rear camera with Dual-LED flash and a 5MP selfie camera as well. It has a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, FM Radio, MicroUSB 2.0, etc. The device is backed by a decent 4,000mAh battery and packs some of the sensors like an accelerometer, a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, proximity, compass, an ambient light sensor, etc.
What is Bootloader unlocking?
It is a fragment of code that ensures your device starts or boots up correctly. We can kind of think the bootloader as an intermediary that checks that the hardware and the software are in sync to perform perfectly for the user.
A bootloader on a smartphone is locked by default by the OEM. Your device may lose its warranty when it is unlocked. It is kept locked so as to encourage people to use the device in its stock form and do no customization on it. However, people are more into rooting and trying out custom ROMs on their devices. So, to achieve that they unlock the bootloader of the device.
Steps to unlock bootloader on Infinix Smart 4
Before you unlock the bootloader on Infinix Smart 4, make sure that you have the right tool for the process. Basically, we will need the ADB Fastboot Tool and the latest USB driver on your PC.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before unlocking the bootloader
- A PC and a USB cable to connect the phone to the system
- Always remember to take the backup of your device data.
Instructions to install
- You need to enable the developer option to activate OEM unlock and USB Debugging
- To enable the developer option, Go to your Settings -> About phone -> Now tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “You are now a developer!“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader/fastboot
adb reboot bootloader
Tips:Without ADB reboot command, you can enter fastboot mode. First, turn off your device -> Hold Volume Up + Power button together. When the device boots, you can leave the button. If you see a screen with an Android and Error symbol, you can press and continue to volume up and down.
- Once your phone reboots into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers correctly installed.
- Now enter the command given below to verify whether your device is been connected properly to PC.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up, you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed, this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. To keep the setup, you must fix your drivers to list your device under fastboot devices.
- If the phone is recognized by the command above, proceed to boot into bootloader by tapping down the volume down button on your phone and select the BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE option with power key. Now you can unlock the bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone.
fastboot flashing unlock
- Notably, if this command does not work you can try to use the below command:
fastboot oem unlock
- You will get a confirmation on your Android device’s screen, Navigate to yes and hit the Power button to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, your smartphone will automatically reboot into bootloader mode.
- Now again you can enter the command to reboot your device to the system
- Your Android device will now reboot and during this, all data will be erased.
- That’s It!
If the above method doesn’t work for you, then check our guide on how to unlock bootloader on Mediatek devices or Different methods to unlock bootloader on Android devices using Fastboot mode.
That’s all you have to do to unlock the bootloader on Infinix Smart 4. Now, your phone is ready for all kinds of customization like rooting and you can use custom ROMs as well.
- How to Repair unknown IMEI baseband on Infinix Smart 4
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Smart 4 and root it easily
- Common Problems in Infinix Smart 4 and Solutions
- Download Google Camera for Infinix Smart 4 [GCam 6.1.021 APK]
- Easy Method to Root Infinix Smart 4 using Magisk without TWRP
- How to Install Stock ROM on Infinix Smart 4 [Firmware flash file]