Hey Fellas, I hope you are here to unlock bootloader on your smartphone. Well before moving to step by step guide to Unlock bootloader on any ZTE Smartphone. First let me make things more precise and clear. By unlocking bootloader, you will loose the warranty of your device. So please don’t blame Getdroidtips website or any editor or staff. So well lets begin the full guide to Unlock Bootloader On Any ZTE Smartphone.
If you are always opting to install Root, Custom Recovery or any Custom ROM, then your phone must be unlocked. In this guide, So here is the full guide to Unlock Bootloader on Any ZTE Smartphone. If you unlock bootloader you may void the warranty. Read more What is Bootloader Unlock. Follow this guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Any ZTE Smartphone. Try this only on Any ZTE smartphone. This method to unlock bootloader on Any ZTE Smartphone is simple to follow. But please do read the steps below carefully.
How To Unlock Bootloader On Any ZTE Smartphone
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technology stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So read carefully before doing something wrong.
- This method is to unlock bootloader on any ZTE Smartphone
- You need Laptop or PC
- Working USB Cable
- Charge your phone to atleast 70%
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on any ZTE Smartphone
- First of all enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlocking the bootloader with the following command:
Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem unlock
- After the above command has finished executing, run the following
- The phone will reboot. Wait until the phone has fully booted up into android, and enjoy!
I hope you have successfully Unlocked Bootloader on your ZTE phone.