Virgin Box is one of the set-top boxes which provides a great viewing experience to the users. The Virgin Box comes with a lot of handy features and as well as focused on the accessibility of the viewers. It provides different profiles feature through which the family members can add their accounts and will be able to watch the show in which they are more interested. Also, the algorithm will only show the best shows which will suit the viewing experience. Along with it, the viewers will get a minimal User Interface which will be the same on TV, mobile, and tablets.
Virgin Media has tried to make it super accessible by providing the Voice Search & Control Functionality to the Virgin Box. Yes! Its remote comes with a microphone button through which you can easily find your favorite program. Also, you can give commands like Play, Pause, and much more, which is good for the viewers as they don’t have to search for the controls on the remote every time.
The Virgin Box comes with different indicators and lights flashed during several functions. And, it should be known by every Virgin Box user what they mean. Also, what to do if the indicator is flashing any problem and how to fix it. So, we are here with a guide on what the flashing indicators mean and how to fix them.
Virgin Box Flashing Different Light
So, here, we will be telling you about the flashing of different colors of light and what it does mean. Also, how to fix it.
Green Light And How To Fix It
If the Virgin Box is flashing green light then the box is searching for the WiFi to connect and it has not been connected successfully. And, it will flash till the Virgin Box is connected to the WiFi. So, you have to fix this to stop the flashing green light of your Virgin Box. So, follow the steps which are given below to fix it.
- Before starting, you will need the Hub Settings Password, and you can find it easily on the base of the Virgin Box. And, if you have changed the password then use that.
- Now, open your web browser and go to 192.168.0.1.
- After it, log into your hub settings by using the login credentials.
- Now, navigate to the Advanced Settings, then click on Wireless
- After it, click on the WPS.
- Now, disable both WPS options and click on save.
- After it, navigate to the Admin settings and restart your Virgin Box.
After doing all these steps, the Hub will have stopped searching for the WPS, so now the green WiFi light will stop flashing. If the issue is still then you might have to contact customer support.
White Light And How To Fix It
If your Virgin Box flashes the White Color then it means that there are some internet connection problems. So, you have to fix this issue to stop the flashing of the White Color. Therefore, follow the steps which are given below to fix it. Also, there are two ways to connect the Virgin Box: Through WiFi and Ethernet.
If you have connected the Virgin Box through WiFi
- If you have connected it through the WiFi then you must check the WiFi Settings.
- Now, check the connectivity of the WiFi.
- After it, check whether the WiFi is providing a stable internet connection or not.
- You can check the Internet Connection speed by easily running the Internet Speed Checker Test.
- Now, check whether the WiFi is providing a stable internet connection or not.
- If the WiFi is providing a stable Internet Connection, then try rebooting the Box and the router.
- Now, again connect the box and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
If you have connected the Virgin Box through Ethernet Cable
- First of all, assess the Ethernet Ports.
- After it, check whether the Ethernet Cable is working properly or not. Also, ensure that it is not bent or kinked. If it is damaged then you have to replace it with a new one.
- After doing this, unplug the Ethernet Cable, and check whether the ports are clean or not. If it has dust then try cleaning it. Also, do the same for the Virgin Box.
- Now, restart the Virgin Box, and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
So, after following the above methods, if the issue has not been resolved then you can also try Factory Reset. And, even after doing this, if the issue has not been solved then you have to contact customer support.
Orange Light And How To Fix It
Sometimes the Virgin Box flashes orange light when it does not have a Full Internet Connectivity. So, the issue can be caused due to several reasons which can be faulty wires, hardware problems, and much more. But, you can easily fix it, by following the steps which are given below.
- First of all, assess all the wires, especially the White Coaxial wire.
- Check for the ports, and also ensure that they are connected tightly.
- After doing this, Go to Helps & Settings.
- Now, select Settings.
- Click on Network.
- After it, select the Connect to the Virgin Media Service.
- Make sure that the test does not fail.
- After completion of the test, restart the Virgin Box.
- For restarting, Go to Help & Settings.
- Click on Clear or Restart Box.
- Select Restart Option.
If the issue has not been resolved, then contact customer support as they will fix it by checking whether it is a hardware issue or software issue.
Red Light And How To Fix It
If you are seeing that the Virgin Box is flashing Red Light, then it indicates that there are some issues with the connection to the routers. And, it’s very easy to fix. So, follow the steps which are given below to fix this issue.
- Check whether all the cables are in working condition. If some of the cables are bent and kinked, then you might have to replace them. Also, ensure that none of the wires are damaged.
- After it, check the ports of the cables and clean the dust if there is inside the port.
- Now, unplug the cables and re-plug them. Make sure you hear a click sound while plugging.
- Again, assess the wire and whether they are tightly connected or not.
Now, check whether the issue has been solved or not. If the light is still blinking then try Factory Reset, and even after doing this, the issue has not been resolved, then do contact customer support.
So, in this guide, we have explained what the Virgin Box light means. Also, we have discussed the steps through which you can easily fix it. I hope all the steps which are mentioned are easy to implement and are clear to you. Also, make sure you follow the steps carefully, and if the issue is not resolved then try contacting customer support. If you have also fixed the same issues through other steps then do share it with us in the comment section.
My 360 box shows solid orange light .it did it a few months ago now its back and I’ve tried everything that’s published on the forum ,after a couple hours plugged in again holding -/+ together it started flashing orange then went solid again .
My wife’s had a stroke and she needs it working quickly please