Vivo V21 5G was launched in India with features including triple rear cameras, a 44-megapixel selfie camera with optical image stabilization (OIS), and powered by MediaTek Dimensity 800U SoC. It runs on Android 11 out of the box.
Finally, Today Vivo started pushing their new major OS update, Funtouch OS 12 for the Vivo V21 5G based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number PD2083F_EX_A_6.73.15 for users globally and will soon reach other users around the globe. With this, Vivo has included the latest April / May 2022 Security patch which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Vivo V21 5G Device Overview:
- Android 12: What’s New and Its Features:
- Download Android 12 | Funtouch OS 12 Update:
Vivo V21 5G Device Overview:
Vivo V21 5G smartphone has an AMOLED display. It measures 159.5 mm x 75.3 mm x 7.5 mm and weighs 173 grams. The phone comes with a 6.56-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2376 pixels at a pixel density of 398 pixels per inch (PPI) and an aspect ratio of 19.8:9.
Under the hood, the device is powered by a 2.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G SoC. It comes with 8GB of RAM. The Vivo V21 5G runs Android 10 and is powered by a 4315mAh battery. The Vivo V21 5G supports proprietary fast charging.
In the camera department, the Vivo V21 5G on the rear packs a 48-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.6 aperture; a second 13-megapixel camera with an f/2.46 aperture; a 3rd 8-megapixel camera with an f/3.4 aperture and a fourth 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture. The rear camera setup has autofocus. It sports a 32-megapixel camera on the front for selfies, with an f/2.45 aperture.
The Vivo V21 5G runs FunTouch OS 10.5 supported Android 10 and packs 128GB of inbuilt storage. The Vivo V21 5G may be a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. The Vivo V21 5G measures 158.46 x 72.80 x 8.04mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 181.50 grams. it had been launched in Black Mirror and LOX colors.
Connectivity options on the Vivo V21 5G include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth v5.10, and USB Type-C with active 4G on both SIM cards. Sensors on the phone include an ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and in-display fingerprint sensor.
Android 12: What’s New and Its Features:
Android 12 is all about improved personalization and revamped user interface that changes the way to bring more dynamic expression and a whole new design element. It’s a successor of the last-gen Android 11 which was basically focused on the privacy and security of the user data. While the Android 12 not only focused on privacy features but also on visual treatment.
Talking about the features, it has all new and colorful yet minimal widgets that are now more dynamic than ever before. While the dynamic theme with the wallpapers is more expressive as per your mood. The notification shade, lock screen, and its notifications, glance screen, volume controls, quick shortcut tiles, new power menu, transitions or animations, etc everything looks & feels great whatsoever with the ‘Material You’ design.
Meanwhile, the impressive Privacy Dashboard feature, the privacy indicator on the top of the screen is also great. Whereas scrolling screenshot support, improved notifications, quick reply feature, on-device search feature, easy Wi-Fi sharing, one-handed mode, quick back tap feature, haptic-coupled audio effect, Android 12 updates via Google Play, App hibernation, all-new emojis, improved auto-rotate, and a lot more.
Android 12 Funtouch OS 12 Update Tracker:
Updated on October 11, 2022: Vivo started seeding September 2022 security patch update for the device with software version PD2083F_EX_A_6.73.24. The update is based on Android 12.
Updated on June 30, 2022: Today Vivo rolled their first Funtouch OS 12 update to the global users with software version PD2083F_EX_A_6.73.15. The update comes with May 2022 security patch.
Download Android 12 | Funtouch OS 12 Update:
|Build Number: PD2083F_EX_A_6.73.25
File Size: 3.7 GB
|Build Number: PD2083F_EX_A_6.73.24
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: PD2083F_EX_A_6.73.15
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: PD2083F_EX_A_6.73.6
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on Vivo V21 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the Funtouch OS 12 update based on Android 12 on your Vivo V21 5G, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Vivo V21 5G. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
Now, let’s take a look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Vivo V21 5G.
Instructions to Flash The ROM:
To install Funtouch OS 12 files on your Vivo V21 5G, we have given two methods, either you can follow the recovery method or you can follow the Fastboot method. A detailed guide on both methods is given down below:
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via SP Flash Tool:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Vivo V21 5G PD2083F, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up keys together and Connect your Phone to your PC/Laptop using a USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool it means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Vivo V21 5G PD2083F
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to a PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware, if not select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from your PC. That’s it!
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.