Vivo V23 5G launched in India is claimed to change colors when hit by UV rays in sunlight. The device is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 920 and paired with up to 12GB of RAM. The device features 5G connectivity, full-HD+ AMOLED displays, and dual selfie cameras with a 50 MP primary sensor. The device came out of the box with Android 12 on top of Funtouch OS 12.0.
Finally, Vivo started pushing their new major OS update, Funtouch OS 13 for the Vivo V23 5G based on Android 13. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
- Vivo V23 5G Device Overview:
- What’s New in Android 13
- Download Android 13 | Funtouch OS 13 Update:
Vivo V23 5G Device Overview:
The Vivo V23 features a 6.44 inches panel with a 90 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we get the MediaTek Dimensity 920 processor built on a 6 nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.5 GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G68 MC4. The smartphone comes with Android 12 out of the box with Function 12 skin running on top.
In optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a dual selfie camera at the front. The triple camera setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 2 MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a 50 MP primary sensor with an f/2.0 lens and an 8MP ultrawide sensor with an f/2.3 lens. The front and the rear camera setup can do a 4K video recording at 30 fps.
The smartphone comes with two storage options: 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM and 256 GB internal storage + 12GB RAM. We do not get a MicroSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C. And for sensors, we get an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 4200 mAh battery that can be topped up quickly using a 44W power adapter. The smartphone is available in two color options: Sunshine Gold and Stardust Black. We get a color-changing back panel when exposed to sunlight on this smartphone.
What’s New in Android 13
Google has finally started rolling out its stable Android 13 update to the public. As expected, only Google has released the update to their Pixel lineup, but no OEM has started cooking a stable yet.
Regarding the Android 13, it seems that the Android 12’s successor has plenty of additional features and improvements to its predecessor. We’ve already seen and used the major UI and design element changes in Android 12 last year, known as ‘Material You.’ This materialistic theming design enhanced the Android user experience from the minimal subtle look, rounded corners, improved pop-ups, etc.
Whereas the improved scrolling screenshots, optimized one-handed UI mode, better privacy & security features, improved app notifications, per-app basis language preferences, app permissions to send notifications, BT LE Audio support, auto theme icons, updated now playing widget, etc. Users will also find intuitive QR scanner support, enhanced silent mode, tap-to-transfer media controls, multiple profiles for NFC payments, and more.
Android 13 Funtouch OS 13 Update Tracker:
Updated on January 22, 2023: Today, Vivo rolled out its first Funtouch OS 13 update with software version PD2167BF_EX_A_184.108.40.206. The update comes with January 2023 security patch.
Download Android 13 | Funtouch OS 13 Update:
|Build Number: PD2167BF_EX_A_220.127.116.11
File Size: 4.8 GB
Steps to Install Android 13 on Vivo V23 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the Funtouch OS 13 update based on Android 13 on your Vivo V23 5G, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Vivo V23 5G. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can back up your phone without root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
Now, let’s look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Vivo V23 5G.
Instructions to Flash The ROM:
To install Funtouch OS 13 files on your Vivo V23 5G, we have given two methods, either you can follow the recovery method, or you can follow the Fastboot method. A detailed guide on both methods is given down below:
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via SP Flash Tool:
- Ensure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button.
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Vivo V23 5G, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up keys together and Connect your Phone to your PC/Laptop using a USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes; if you see a green button on your flash tool, it means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Vivo V23 5G
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers.
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to a PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware; if not, select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from your PC. That’s it!
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.