Finally, The wait is over. Vivo rolled Android 9.0 Pie update for the Vivo Y83 smartphone. The update brings all the new interface and Pie features. If you are running Android Oreo, you must try the new baked sweet of Android, Android Pie. You will get the latest Security Patch and other bug fixes along with this update. Now you can download and install the Official Android 9.0 Pie Firmware on Vivo Y83.
Follow our guide on upgrading Android 8.1 Oreo to Android 9.0 Pie on the Vivo Y83 variant. The guide is simple and easy! You only need to download the ROM package and other pre-required tools and drivers. Before upgrading the Android 9.0 Pie Firmware on Vivo Y83, let’s briefly explain what comes with Android 9.0 Pie.
Vivo Y83 Specifications:
- Display: 6.22-inch (1520×720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 IPS 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- CPU: 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Sim: Dual SIM
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Rear Camera: 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 155.21x 75.24 x 7.7mm ; Weight: 151g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS
- Battery: 3260mAh battery
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are a New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard, which Google calls Digital well-being, and more other features.
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Vivo Y83
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Vivo Y83
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Vivo Y83
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert to stock to gain your warranty.
Steps to Install Android 9.0 Pie Firmware on Vivo Y83
Before following the guide below, make sure to download the pre-required download package, drivers and tools to install.
- ROM is supported only on Vivo Y83
- To update Vivo Y83, you need either a PC or a laptop.
- Before upgrading, make sure to charge your phone at least 50% or more
- Take a complete backup before installing Android 9.0 Pie Firmware on Vivo Y83 [This method may wipe all your data]
- Backup Android Phone Without Root on any device
- Backup IMEI and NVRAM on Mediatek Chipset Android Device
- If you have TWRP Recovery, Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery
- Make sure to install drivers and tools on your PC or Laptop.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external device damage that may happen while/after following this guide.
Download Android 9.0 Update
Required Tools and Drivers:
- Download and Install the VCOM Driver on your Windows PC.
- Download the SP Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- Install Latest Driver: Install the Latest Vivo USB Drivers. [For All Android USB Drivers]
Instructions to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Vivo Y83
Here are the instructions you need to follow to install Android 9.0 Pie on the Vivo Y83 :
- Ensure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Vivo Y83, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using a USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware.
- Wait for a few minutes; if you see a green button on your flash tool, the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Vivo Y83.
For complete tutorials, follow this guide. Additionally, you can follow the video tutorial as well for better guidance.
I hope you installed the Android 9.0 Pie on Vivo Y83 successfully; now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.
My phone is not updated please give me latest update Android 9 My divice vivoy83pro
Na mobile vivoy83pro naku Inka Ani divices ki vachina update inkabraledhu Plz give the latest versions update
Please send me latest android pie9 or Android 10 update for my mobile Vivoy 83pro this is my sincere request Sir
My mobile software update