Snapchat lets its users sent and receive snaps with audio, snaps without audio, and chats via messages. And they track the activity of each of these messages. And by monitoring the status of these messages, the sender and the receiver both get information about the messages via icons that show up on the chat screen. When someone sends a snap or chat, when the receiver receives it, and even when the receiver opens it, both parties will be aware of it all.
The most important is the opened icon. When a receiver receives a message, but he/she has not opened it up, that is not relevant. But when you know that the receiver has indeed received and opened your message, that would be helpful. So how would you know when a person has opened up your chat or snap on Snapchat? Let’s find out in this article.
What does Opened mean in Snapchat?
When someone sends over a snap or a chat, Snapchat’s server first receives, and from there on, they start tracking it. When the receiver gets the message, the sender will be informed. And then, when the receiver opens up the message, the sender will know about it.
So the opened status of messages generally means that the recipient has viewed the message.
To check whether or not the receiver to whom you have sent the snap or chat has opened it up or not, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Launch the Snapchat application.
- Go to the chat screen.
- Here, look for the conversation with which the snap or chat in question is concerned.
- You will see icons next to these conversations. You will also know when the message was opened below the group’s name or the individual account’s name.
The opened icon in Snapchat is similar to the sent icon. We get filled arrows with the sent icon, but with opened snaps or chats, we get hollow arrows.
- A hollow red arrow icon means the sent Snap without audio was opened.
- A hollow purple arrow icon means the sent Snap with audio was opened.
- A hollow blue arrow icon means the sent chat was opened.
- A hollow green arrow means the sent cash gift was opened.
Similarly, when you are the recipient and open up the chat or snap, you will also see a change in the icon.
- A hollow red square denotes that you have opened a Snap or Snaps without audio.
- A hollow purple square denotes that you have opened a Snap or Snaps with audio.
- A hollow blue square denotes that you have opened a chat.
- A hollow gray square denotes that a Snap you were sent expired.
Besides that, there are other icons in Snapchat messaging, too, that denotes whether a chat or snap was received, sent, or delivered in Snapchat. We have discussed in detail these other status icons in a different article. If you want to find out about the other status icons in Snapchat, then check that out.
If you have sent a snap or a chat, but you are not getting an update on it, and it is still stuck at sent, then the recipient in question might have blocked you. Or the recipient may have deleted his/her account or uninstalled the Snapchat application entirely.
Snapchat has the best and smartest message tracking system when compared to the other social media giants. It even informs you if the receiver has taken a screenshot to let you know whether your privacy is at risk or not.
So that is all about what opened means in Snapchat. If you have any questions or queries about this guide, then comment down below, and we will get back to you. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more useful information.