Want to flash the firmware file on Asus Z010D (Also known as Asus ZenFone Max)? Then you are in the right place. On this page, we will share the official Asus Z010D flash files with their firmware installation guide.
To install the firmware flash file, we need software called the QFil tool which can be helpful to flash the stock ROM on your device. The method is simple and easy. We have also added video and step by step tutorial to make things easier to flash the official flash file.
Well, you might have ended up in situations such as hard brick, want to fix Bluetooth and WiFi issues, unroot your device, downgrade or fix the lag or freezing display. Whatever the case might be, one of the best solutions to fix your Asus ZenFone Max is by installing or flashing Stock ROM back on it. You can consider flashing Stock ROM like doing a Factory Data Reset on your Asus ZenFone Max running on stock ROM.
Why We Need Firmware Files?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your Asus Z010D. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Asus Z010D Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Asus Z010D
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Asus Z010D
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Asus Z010D
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot Asus Z010D
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device
- Restore Asus Z010D back to Factory State
Flash File Details:
- Device Name: Asus Z010D
- ROM Type: Stock ROM Flash Files
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: QFil Flash Tool
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410
- Android Version: Android 5.1 Lollipop / 6.0 Marshmallow
Download Flash Files:
Flash File Name: Asus_Zenfone_Max_Z010D_220.127.116.11_OTA
File Size: 1.6 GB
Download Link: Click Here
Flash File Name: Asus_Zenfone_Max_Z010D_ZC550KL_ZQL1830_Factory_181218_QPST.zip
File Size: 1 GB
Download Link: Click Here
Steps to Install Asus Z010D Flash Files (Firmware)
Now, before we get straight to the Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Asus ZenFone Max Z010D, let us take a look at some of the prerequisites.
- Please note that this guide will work only with the Asus ZenFone Max Z010D.
- You should have a Windows Laptop or PC for this guide.
- Make sure that your Asus ZenFone Max Z010D has at least a 60% charge left.
- It is always recommended to take a backup of your Android Device.
- Backup Android Phone Without Root on any device
- Backup IMEI and NVRAM on Mediatek Chipset Android Device
- If you have TWRP Recovery, Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery
- Download the QFil Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- Download Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008 driver on your Windows PC.
- Install Latest Driver: Install the Latest Asus USB Drivers. [For All Android USB Drivers]
Once you have the above prerequisites, you can proceed to Instructions to Install Stock ROM on Asus ZenFone Max Z010D.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking, hardware, or any kind of software problem arising on your while you follow this guide to install stock ROM on your phone. First, understand the tutorial and then follow it at your own risk.
Method 1: Instructions to Flash Asus Z010D via QFil
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Asus ZenFone Max Z010D :Guide to Install Stock ROM using QFIL Tool
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Asus Z010D :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Asus Z010D.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to Install Stock ROM on Asus ZenFone Max Z010D [Firmware Flash File]. We hope that you found this post useful. Let us know what do you guys think about it in the comments section down below.