Samsung Galaxy S7 (codename: herolte) launched in February 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. Here we have a latest Custom ROM which brings all the Google Pixel phone feature on your Samsung Galaxy S7. This custom ROM is known as Google Pixel Experience ROM. Now you can download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy S7 (herolte). Thanks to the XDA Senior member turbolukex5, for bringing this ROM for Samsung Galaxy S7.
Samsung Galaxy S7 features a 5.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Exynos 8890 Octa coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy S7 comes with 12MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera.
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy S7 (herolte). It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Full Credits to the XDA Senior member, turbolukex5 who developed this ROM for Samsung Galaxy S7 in his free time.
Now you can download and install the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S7. Along with Android 8.1 Oreo features, The update also adds the latest November Security Patch.
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Samsung Galaxy S7 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver. Before moving down to install this ROM, let me brief about the Android 8.1 and their features.
What's in Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn't mean Android 8.1 doesn't include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- herolte Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Changes and Update to Android 8.1 Oreo
Here is the video to find the full features of Pixel Experience ROM:
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy S7
To install this ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery. We also shared officially Supported device list of Android Oreo and also Supported device list of Lineage OS 15.0.
- This will work on Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install
- First of all, install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S7. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Required ROM FILES
Pixel Experience ROM (Link Broken)
Gapps Included inside the ROM
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices - Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
That's it! I hope you have installed the Google Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy S7. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: Development Page