Subtitles are always helpful in understanding a YouTube video. Normally, when the video language is in a language that the viewer doesn’t understand or is not prompt in communicating subtitle text is required. In this guide, I have explained how to add subtitle text to a YouTube video that is already published. There is absolutely no need for re-uploading or deleting your videos from the channel. Otherwise, you will lose the views and likes on them.
All you have to do is access YouTube studio, select your video and set subtitle text as per the timeframe. Even if you make changes to the existing video by adding subtitles, it won’t affect the number of likes and views it has. This is only possible when you tweak your video from YouTube Studio. When you reupload a video from scratch then you stand the chance of losing views.
Add Subtitle Text To YouTube Videos After Uploading
Whatever subtitle-related editing you have to do, you must do it through the YouTube studio. For this guide, I have explained how to add the text to a YouTube video on a computer.
- Open YouTube
- Login to your account
- Click on your channel profile picture
- From the menu, go to YouTube studio.
- Then on the left-hand panel click on Content to access your videos repository
- Hover your computer mouse over the video to which you want to add Subtitles
- You will see a few icons show up.
- Click on the pencil icon which is for editing details of the video.
- On the left-hand panel in the next screen, navigate to the option Subtitles and click on it
- If it’s the first time you are using YouTube studio to add subtitle text to your videos then you have to select the language for the text
- Under the tab Subtitles, click on the option ADD
- Now select Type Manually under How You Want to Add Captions
- Next, you will see the whole video on the right side and the subtitle field on the left
- Use the seek bar to move to the exact timestamp where you wish to add the subtitle text.
- Accordingly, add the subtitle in the subtitle text box on the left-hand side of the screen.
- To continue adding subtitles click on the option +CAPTION above the subtitle text editor
- Once you finish adding subtitle text for all the required timestamp of the video click on Publish
So, that’s how you can successfully add subtitle text to any YouTube video that you have already published. I hope that this guide was informative.