The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was released in 2014 and originally ran on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. If you’re looking to install the latest version of Android on your device, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to install AOSP Android 11 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Google recently released Android 11, and many OEMs have already adopted the new software. Pixel devices were the first to receive the update, followed by the release of the AOSP source code, which is used to compile Android 11-based custom ROMs.
Android 11 and Its Features:
Android 11 is the eleventh major release of the Android operating system. Google released Android 11 in September 2020 and it comes with several new features and improvements. One of the most significant changes in Android 11 is the new notification system, which groups all conversations in one place and allows users to prioritize notifications from specific people or apps. The new version of Android also includes a built-in screen recorder, improved media controls, and updated privacy and security features such as one-time permissions for apps and a permission auto-reset feature.
Other notable features of Android 11 include a revamped power menu, smart home device controls in the power menu, improved gesture navigation, wireless Android Auto, and support for 5G connectivity. Additionally, Android 11 introduces a new feature called “Bubbles” which allows users to keep certain conversations or apps open in a floating bubble on top of other apps for quick access. Overall, Android 11 is a significant update that brings several new features and improvements to the Android operating system.
How to Install AOSP Android 11 on Galaxy Note 4:
With such a long list of goodies to offer, no doubt you will want to try out the AOSP Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy Note 4. But before we list out the installation steps, please go through the prerequisites section. Make sure your device meets all the mentioned requirements. After this, go through the working features and the list of known issues present in this ROM. Once you have gone through all the requirements sections, you may then proceed with the installation steps.
- Tested only on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: trlte
- SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: trlteduos
- SM-N915F/G/P/R4/T/W8: tblte
- First and foremost, create a complete device backup.
- Next time, enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. This will make your device recognizable by your PC in ADB mode. So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Your device also needs to have the bootloader unlocked. If you haven’t done so, then refer to our detailed guide on How To Unlock the Bootloader On Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- Next up, you will also need to install the TWRP Recovery on your device. This will be needed to flash the AOSP Android 11 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. You could refer to our comprehensive tutorial on how to Install TWRP Recovery For Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Download AOSP Android 11
Before you download the firmware file, there is a pretty important worth mentioning. You should only use the proper vendor and firmware of your device of stable ROM.
Once you have downloaded the above files, transfer them to your device. Then proceed with the below steps to install AOSP Android 11 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device.
Install AOSP Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Execute the below command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP Recovery:
adb reboot recovery
- Now head over to the wipe section and format system, data, and cache. Perform a right swipe to complete the format.
- It’s time to flash the AOSP Android 11 ROM onto your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. For that, head over to Install, select the AOSP ROM ZIP file and perform a right swipe to install the file.
- If you want Google Apps as well, you need to flash it at this instance. Go to Install, select the GApps ZIP file, and perform a right swipe to flash this file.
- When that is done, you may reboot your device. Head over to Reboot and select System.
Your device will now boot to the newly installed OS. With this, we conclude the guide on installing the AOSP Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Remember that the first boot might take some time, and you might have to set up your device from scratch.
Furthermore, once you have installed the ROM, share your opinions in the comments section. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should also check out.