OnePlus finally started pushing their new major OS update, OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus Nord based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling as a stable build with OxygenOS 12 F.11 for users around the globe. With this, OnePlus has included the latest May 2022 Security patch, which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Android 12 and Its Features
Android 12 is all about improved personalization and revamped user interface that changes the way to bring more dynamic expression and a whole new design element. It’s a successor of the last-gen Android 11 which was basically focused on the privacy and security of the user data. While the Android 12 not only focused on privacy features but also on visual treatment.
Talking about the features, it has all new and colorful yet minimal widgets that are now more dynamic than ever before. While the dynamic theme with the wallpapers is more expressive as per your mood. The notification shade, lock screen, and its notifications, glance screen, volume controls, quick shortcut tiles, new power menu, transitions or animations, etc everything looks & feels great whatsoever with ‘Material You’ design.
Meanwhile, the impressive Privacy Dashboard feature, the privacy indicator on the top of the screen is also great. Whereas scrolling screenshot support, improved notifications, and quick reply feature, on-device search feature, easy Wi-Fi sharing, one-handed mode, quick back tap feature, haptic-coupled audio effect, Android 12 updates via Google Play, App hibernation, all-new emojis, improved auto-rotate, and a lot more.
OnePlus Nord Device Overview:
OnePlus NORD features a 6.44-inch Full-HD+ Fluid AMOLED panel with a 90Hz refresh rate & Corning Gorilla Glass 5. this is often something we don’t see on phones lately because most of the devices during this price segment with a high-refresh-rate display have an LCD panel.
Under the hood, there’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G chipset, which is currently the foremost powerful Snapdragon 700-series SOC from Qualcomm. because of the integrated 5G modem, OnePlus NORD also supports 5G. there’s 6/8/12GB LPDDR4X RAM paired with 64/128/256GB UFS 2.1 storage. Finally, the OnePlus NORD comes with a 4,115mAh battery & Warp Charge 30T support. Android 10 based OxygenOS runs out of the box.
The Quad camera setup on the rear includes a primary 48 Megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor with OIS + EIS, an 8 Megapixel ultrawide camera with 119-degree FOV, a 2 Megapixel macro camera & a 5 Megapixel depth sensor. the first rear camera can increase to 4K 30fps videos & 240fps super slow-motion videos at 1080p. Some camera features include Nightscape, UltraShot HDR, Pro Mode, RAW Image, etc. On the front, there are dual cameras that include a primary 32 Megapixel Sony IMX616 sensor paired with an 8 Megapixel 105-degree wide-angle shooter. The front camera is capable of a 4K 30/60fps video.
Connectivity options on the OnePlus Nord include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v5.10, NFC, USB Type-C, 3G, and 4G (with support for Band 40 employed by some LTE networks in India) with active 4G on both SIM cards. Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and in-display fingerprint sensor. The OnePlus Nord supports face unlock.
Android 12 OxygenOS 12 Update Tracker:
Updated on May 24, 2022: OnePlus started rolling the stable OxygenOS 12 build for the device globally based on Android 12. Here is the changelog:
- [Added] Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- [Optimized] desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- [Supported] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- [Added] new additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work Life Balance
- [Added] Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- [Supported] automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- [Supported] switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- [Added] new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- [Added] multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- [Optimized] software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- [Added] HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- [Added] Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time
- The display of some pages in Settings will be different from the system.
- The screen will glitch in specific scenarios when calling.
- Camera may crash when shooting photos in Portrait mode.
- The abnormal display of thumbnail when taking burst pictures.
- The abnormal display of Quick device connect when in the Guest mode
Download Android 12 | OxygenOS 12 Update:
|Build Number: OxygenOS 12 F.17
File Size: 4 GB
|Not available yet|
|Build Number: OxygenOS 12 F.13
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: OxygenOS 12 F.11
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) on OnePlus Nord
Before installing the Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) on your OnePlus Nord, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements at first and install the required drivers, firmware, and other tools on your PC as well.
- The firmware is only supported for the OnePlus Nord model. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Make sure to download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on your Windows and MAC computer and install it.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your PC and install it.
- Keep your device battery charged at least up to 60% before installing the firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data without Root.
First method via Local upgrade
- Download the firmware OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your OnePlus Nord device.
- Now, head over to the Settings > System Updates > tap on gear icon > use the Local Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file which you’ve downloaded before.
- You will see a pop-up screen to upgrade your device, tap on Upgrade Now.
- Next, the device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- The device will boot into a new system.
- Then turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache & select Erase everything.
- Once done. Reboot your device.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Via Fastboot Method
Fastboot Method commands
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash modem modem.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot flash abl abl.img fastboot flash aop aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash featenabler featenabler.img fastboot flash hyp hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv imagefv.img fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.img fastboot flash logo logo.img fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img fastboot flash odm odm.img fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img fastboot flash storsec storsec.img fastboot flash tz tz.img fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img fastboot flash xbl xbl.img fastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot reboot
If you want to install the Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) on your OnePlus Nord handset manually, then follow the below-mentioned guide properly. Here we have shared the ADB Sideloading method in order to flash the Stock ROM on your OnePlus device.
We assume that this article is useful to you and you’ve successfully updated or installed the Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) flash file on your OnePlus Nord device. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.