When it comes to the Battlefield game series or franchise, it has a couple of titles that already received popularity among first-person shooter players. Whereas Battlefield 2042 is the newly released first-person shooter video game, developed by DICE and published by Electronic Arts in November 2021. It seems that several players are encountering the Battlefield 2042 Error Code 15 7A while trying to get into the match which is unexpected for sure.
This particular problem might appear due to several possible reasons such as server-related issues, antivirus program issues, poor internet connectivity, VPN issues, DNS issues, cache issues with the gaming device, etc. Now, if you’re also facing such an error code then you can check out this troubleshooting guide completely to resolve it. Sometimes issues with the game launching or the corrupted game data may trigger several conflicts with the game whatsoever.
Fix Battlefield 2042 Error Code 15 7A
Now, without wasting any more time, you can jump into it.
1. Check Server Status
If in case, you’re facing issues with the error code 15-7A while launching Battlefield 2042 then you can check out the game server status before going to any conclusion. You’ll need to open the official EA Help Twitter and Battlefield Twitter handle for all server outages or downtime info completely on a real-time basis.
If you’re seeing issues with the game server then make sure to wait for some time until the problem has been fixed by the developers. If there is no issue at all with the game server or its services then make sure to follow the next methods one by one.
2. Reboot the Device
Make sure to restart the gaming device to refresh the system glitch because the temporary glitch or cache data issue may trigger multiple issues whatsoever. No matter which platform you’re using, it’s better to restart the device.
3. Power Cycle your Device
You should also perform a power cycle on your device to fix the temporary glitch that can’t be done by rebooting the device normally. To perform the power cycle on your device:
- Make sure to turn off the device then unplug the power cable from the source.
- Next, wait for around 30 seconds then plug back the power cable in.
- Then turn on the power cable and check for the issue.
4. Run the game as administrator
Sometimes running the game executable file as an administrator may cause multiple issues with the user account control. You should also run the Steam client as an administrator to fix the issue.
- Right-click on the Battlefield 2042 exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
As mentioned, do the same steps for the Steam executable file too.
5. Check your Internet Connection
A poor or unstable internet connection may trigger several issues with the gaming or connecting to the game servers. Make sure to switch to the wired ethernet connection from Wi-Fi or vice versa to cross-check if the Battlefield 2042 Error Code 15 7A is still troubling you or not.
6. Power Cycle your Router
Sometimes performing the power cycle on your Wi-Fi router might gonna help you out. It basically refreshes the temporary networking glitch or connectivity issues. To do this:
- Power off the Wi-Fi router > Unplug the power cable from the router.
- Wait for around 30 seconds and then plug back the power cable in.
- Now, you can turn on the router to check for the issue.
7. Change your DNS Address
If you’re encountering issues with the private DNS server that has been provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) then make sure to use the Google DNS server address (Public DNS) on your system to check for the server connectivity issue again. To do this:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type ncpa.cpl and click on OK to open the Network Connections page.
- Now, right-click on your active network adapter > Click on Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Click on Properties.
- Click to select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Now, enter 220.127.116.11 for the Preferred DNS server and 18.104.22.168 for the Alternate DNS server.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes.
- Make sure to restart your computer to apply changes then check for the issue again.
8. Verify Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes verifying and repairing game files may help you a lot when it comes to corrupted or missing game files. You can follow the steps below to do the same:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Battlefield 2042 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
9. Disable VPN
It’s recommended to disable the VPN service before launching and getting into the matches. Issues with the game server and internet connectivity may cause multiple issues whatsoever.
10. Disable Antivirus Program
If none of the methods worked for you then try disabling the antivirus and firewall program on your Windows computer that may help you to fix multiple bugs or errors whatsoever. Sometimes the antivirus or security programs might gonna block ongoing connections whatsoever. To do this:
- Click on the Start menu > Search for virus & threat protection.
- Click on it from the search result and turn off the real-time protection manually.
- Next, search for defender firewall from the Start menu > Open it and turn off manually.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.