Bluetooth is one of the foremost widely used wireless technologies within the world. it’s a way of wirelessly transferring data between two devices like your phone and headphones. Bluetooth is great when it works but it is often frustrating when there are issues pairing devices. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Fix Bluetooth Pairing Problem on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
Before you begin to troubleshoot, a basic understanding of Bluetooth terminology and what the terms mean with reference to the devices that use it’s helpful. A Bluetooth device, like your iPhone, that appears for remote devices is in an “inquiring” mode. a tool that’s waiting to be found, like a Bluetooth headset, is in “discoverable” mode. during this mode, the device is simply expecting the iPhone to attach and to exchange security information, which is named “pairing.” it’s important to understand what these terms mean since they’re commonly utilized in the documentation but sometimes not explained completely.
Table of Contents
- 1 Reasons Behind the Issue
- 2 Steps to Fix Bluetooth Pairing Problem on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- 3 Conclusion
Reasons Behind the Issue
Bluetooth depends on both hardware and software to figure properly. So if your devices can’t speak a standard Bluetooth language, they won’t be ready to connect. In general, Bluetooth is backward compatible: Bluetooth devices supporting the Bluetooth 5 standard should still be ready to pair with devices using, say, the traditional Bluetooth 2.1, launched back in 2007.
The exceptions are gadgets that use a low-energy version called Bluetooth Smart, which works on a special protocol than older, or “Classic” Bluetooth devices. Bluetooth Smart devices aren’t backward compatible and won’t recognize (or pair with) older devices that support Classic Bluetooth. (For example, an old Sony Ericsson phone sporting Bluetooth 3.0 won’t be ready to hook up with a Bluetooth Smart device.)
However, if a tool supports Bluetooth 4.0 (in some cases), 4.2 (in most cases) or 5.0 (in most cases), it should recognize both Bluetooth Smart and Classic. Bluetooth 4.0 devices are going to be officially labeled Bluetooth Smart Ready. within the case of Bluetooth 4.2 and 5, it’s expected.
iOS includes many new features and enhancements like Dark Mode, new Photo & Video editor, new Reminders app, Improved Maps app with the Google Maps Street View like shop around feature, performance improvements and much more, but Bluetooth connectivity issues still remain one among the foremost commonly reported problems by users after upgrading to iOS. during this article, we’ll show you ways to repair Bluetooth problems in iOS.
Here are a number of the Bluetooth issues reported by iPhone users in iOS:
- Bluetooth unavailable or unable to connect to the Bluetooth accessory or car audio
- Crackling sound
- Not seeing the Bluetooth accessory
- Skipping, stuttering of music tracks while connected to car Bluetooth or AirPods
Steps to Fix Bluetooth Pairing Problem on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
There are a couple of steps or tricks that are mentioned below that you can try for your iPhone and Bluetooth-enabled device to work properly.
1. Restart your iPhone and Bluetooth Device
- Long-press both the Side/Power + Volume Up buttons together for a few seconds.
- Release both the buttons when the Slide to Power off bar appears on the screen.
- Now, slide the bar to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait for around 30 seconds and long-press the Power/Side button until the Apple logo appears.
- Similarly, if you use any Bluetooth-enabled device with your iPhone, make sure to turn it off and restart it.
2. Pair Bluetooth Connection
If your iPhone or your Bluetooth device is having an issue, you should delete the Bluetooth pairing between both the devices and create a new pairing.
- Go to the iPhone Settings menu > tap on Bluetooth.
- Turn off the Bluetooth toggle.
- Wait for around 30 seconds and turn on the Bluetooth toggle again.
- Now, you will see a list of available Bluetooth devices.
- Choose and select your preferred Bluetooth device and tap on it to pair freshly.
- If required, you’ve to enter the pin. Mostly the Bluetooth pin can be 0000 or 1234.
3. Use Airplane Mode (Turn on/off)
You can also use the Airplane mode on your iPhone 8 lineup devices in order to fix any minor Bluetooth issue.
- Tap on the device Settings.
- Choose Airplane Mode and turn it on. Therefore, all the connections will be disabled.
- Now, reboot your iPhone and turn off the Airplane mode from the Settings again.
- This will most probably fix your Bluetooth pairing issue on your iPhone 8 series.
4. Remove and Add the Bluetooth Device
- Head over to the iPhone Settings > tap on Bluetooth to turn it on and check whether your Bluetooth device is connected or not.
- Tap on it and go to the “i” icon.
- Simply tap on the Forget button to forget the device.
- If prompted, tap on the option again to confirm.
- We hope this step may help you.
5. Reset Network Settings on iPhone 8 Lineup
- Tap on the Settings icon from the home screen on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset.
- Choose Reset Network Settings and enter the device passcode to continue, if prompted.
- Finally, tap on Reset Network Settings again to confirm the task.
- Wait for it and reboot the handset.
6. Perform Factory Reset
Last but not the least, you can reset your iPhone settings and data completely to run your device in the default settings.
- Go to the iPhone Settings > General > Reset.
- Select Erase All Contents and Settings > choose Erase Now.
- You have to enter the passcode if prompted.
- Tap on Erase iPhone.
- Then tap on Erase iPhone again to continue the action.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password.
- Then tap on Erase to continue.
- Wait for it and it will reboot your iPhone.
That was it, this was the easiest way to Fix Bluetooth Pairing Problem on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- How to Enter Recovery Mode on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- Fix iMessage Not Delivered Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix iBooks or Apple Books not Working on Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix Frozen Screen Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Activate Emergency SOS on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Common Calling and Texting Problems on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix Sound Issues on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus