In case you don’t know what is recovery, the first thing the bootloader rings up is the recovery. Recovery Mode refers to a special bootable partition, which contains a recovery application installed in it. And you can fix some problems with your phone. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Enter Recovery Mode on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
In iOS, Recovery mode may be a failsafe method allowing users to recover their devices if they become unresponsive. The Recovery mode also referred to as “second-stage loader”, boots the device in iBoot (bootloader) mode. iBoot is often wont to flash the device with a replacement OS. iBoot responds to a limited number of commands and may return some limited information about the device. As iBoot doesn’t load iOS, it also doesn’t carry many iOS restrictions. especially, iBoot/Recovery mode allows connecting the device to the pc albeit USB Restricted Mode was working on the device.
When to Use Recovery Mode?
Apple recommends using Recovery mode if one among the subsequent situations occurs:
- You see the connect to iTunes screen.
- iTunes doesn’t recognize your device or says it’s in recovery mode.
- If your screen is stuck on the Apple logo for several minutes with no progress bar.
In addition to those, the Recovery mode can be useful in the following situations:
- The device is locked; the passcode is unknown, and you want to reset the device (data will be lost).
- The device has entered USB Restricted Mode, and you do not know the passcode.
- The device is locked because you exceeded the maximum number of attempts to enter the device passcode, and the “Connect to iTunes” message is displayed.
- The device has a problem installing an update (e.g. the device was previously jailbroken).
- You are recovering the device after a jailbreak, and want to have the OS in a clean state.
Quick Device Specs
Apple iPhone 8
The iPhone 8 has been launched alongside the costlier iPhone X. it’s very similar to its predecessor, the iPhone 7, but introduces a replacement glass back to permit for wireless charging. It’s available in Space Gray, Silver, and Gold, with 64GB and 256GB storage options at launch time.
You get Apple’s powerful A11 Bionic processor with six cores, which has beaten the current-generation processors utilized in flagship Android smartphones. The display now supports True Tone color temperature adjustment to match ambient lighting. The IP67 rating promises water and mud resistance to some extent. There is a single 12-megapixel rear camera and you’ll record video at up to 4K 60fps or 1080p 240fps. If you would like a telephoto camera also you will have to intensify to the iPhone 8 Plus. Battey life is simply about enough to urge you thru one working day.
Apple iPhone 8 Plus
The iPhone 8 Plus is a larger version of the iPhone 8, with a larger screen and battery, more RAM, and a secondary telephoto camera on the rear. It’s powered by the same A11 Bionic processor as the iPhone X, which has been shown to be exceptionally powerful, especially in tests that can utilize all six cores at the same time.
The display now supports True Tone which adjusts its color temperature to match ambient lighting. You get 64GB of storage on the base variant but can choose a 256GB option which costs more. Your only choices of colors this time around are Space Grey, Silver, and Gold.
The iPhone 8 models also feature new glass backs to support wireless charging, while maintaining the IP67 rating for water and dust resistance. Fast wired charging is supported but you only get a basic charger in the box. You can get through a full day of use with a little power to spare thanks to the large battery.
Steps to Enter Recovery Mode on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- Connect the iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8 to the computer with a USB cable
- Open iTunes (Mac or Windows, or in macOS Catalina open Finder)
- Press and release Volume Up on the iPhone
- Press and release Volume Down on the iPhone
- Press and continue holding the Power button until the iPhone 8 / Plus is in recovery mode
- iTunes (or Finder) will show an alert message saying an iPhone has been found in Recovery Mode
That was it, this was the easiest way to Enter Recovery Mode on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- Fix iMessage Not Delivered Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix iBooks or Apple Books not Working on Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix Frozen Screen Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Activate Emergency SOS on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Common Calling and Texting Problems on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix Sound Issues on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Won’t Connect to App Store – How to Fix on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus