Behaviour Interactive did release an online co-op survival horror video game called ‘Dead by Daylight‘ where the 4vs1 multiplayer gameplay mode can be played. It offers a nice survival experience because only one player takes the responsibility to kill and the other four players play as survivors and try to escape. This asymmetric title is doing really well but some of the players are getting the Dead by Daylight EAC Error Code 10011 on the PC while launching.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide completely to fix it. The chances are high that no matter whatever PC specification you’re using, you might go through this specific error code while trying to get into the game quite often. There are plenty of reports present on the Dead By Daylight Forum. Luckily, we’ve mentioned a couple of possible workarounds for you to get it fixed.
- Fix: Dead by Daylight EAC Error Code 10011
- 1. Try Loading the Game without the Internet
- 2. Repair EAC (Easy AntiCheat)
- 3. Update Windows
- 4. Add an Exception of Dead by Daylight to Antivirus
- 5. Recheck EAC (Easy AntiCheat)
- 6. Enable EasyAntiCheat Service
- 7. Install Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributables
- 8. Update Dead by Daylight
- 9. Reinstall Easy AntiCheat Service
- 10. Disable Driver Signature
Fix: Dead by Daylight EAC Error Code 10011
According to the reports, the specific EAC error message says, “Access is denied, Launch Error 10011. Couldn’t start the game. We’re sorry, we had a problem starting your game. Please help us by reporting this issue. Error Code: 10011 (Failed to start the game)”. It seems that somehow the installed Easy AntiCheat files become corrupted which is troubling you in most cases. Whereas issues with Visual C++ dependencies can get corrupted.
Additionally, conflicts with the third-party keyboard or mouse software, issues with the antivirus program blocking, outdated system version, disabled EAC services, outdated game version, etc can also trouble you a lot. It’s recommended to follow the troubleshooting guide below to resolve such an issue. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Try Loading the Game without the Internet
It’s highly recommended to try launching the Dead by Daylight game without having internet access on the PC to ensure the EAC (Easy AntiCheat) system fails to load properly. In that scenario, whenever you try launching the game next time with the internet connection then EAC will try loading again automatically. To do that:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Just disconnect your computer from the internet connection.
- Now, ensure to launch Dead by Daylight > The EAC (Easy AntiCheat) bar will load up to 5%-12% and then it’ll disappear.
- You’ll need to run the game once again and quickly reconnect to the internet connection this time.
- Check Task Manager whether the EAC process is running or not.
- In some cases, it may take some time to load. So, wait for it.
- Finally, your game should work fine. If not, head over to the next method.
2. Repair EAC (Easy AntiCheat)
You should try repairing the EAC (Easy AntiCheat) system on your PC because a corrupted or missing EAC application file can prevent the game files to run properly. To do so:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Right-click on Dead by Daylight > Click on the Local Files tab.
- Select EasyAntiCheat > Run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe application file as an administrator.
- If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to allow it as an admin.
- Click on Repair and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, restart your PC, and then run the Dead by Daylight game again.
3. Update Windows
The chances are also high that somehow your Windows OS becomes outdated or has some issues with the stability. In that scenario, you’ll face some issues with the game launching or running the game properly. Make sure to check the Windows update and install it to the latest version.
- Click on the Windows Start menu > Click on Settings.
- Go to Update & Security > Click on Check for updates from the Windows Update section.
- If there is an update available, make sure to download and install it.
- Once done, restart your PC to apply changes.
4. Add an Exception of Dead by Daylight to Antivirus
It’s highly recommended to add an exception or whitelist your Dead by Daylight game on the antivirus software so that it won’t get blocked anymore. No matter whether you’re using the Windows Defender program or any other third-party antivirus program, you should manually perform this method for your own benefit. To do so:
- Go to Windows Settings > Click on Privacy & Security.
- Click on Windows Security > Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Next, click on Manage Ransomware Protection.
- Turn ON the Controlled Folder Access toggle (if prompted by UAC, click on Yes to proceed).
- Click on Allow an app through controlled folder access (If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to proceed).
- Click on Add an allowed app.
- Go to the installed game directory such as C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Dead by Daylight. [if you’ve installed the game on another location, go there]
- If in case, you’re using the Epic Games Launcher then go to C:/Program Files/EpicGames.
- Select the Dead by Daylight executable application > Click on Open to add it.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Recheck EAC (Easy AntiCheat)
You should also cross-check whether the easy anti-cheat system is running properly or not.
- Make sure to uncheck the EAC from the Dead by Daylight game.
- Restart the game launcher and recheck the EAC (Easy Anti-Cheat) again.
- Now, reboot the Steam or Epic Games Launcher once again then run the game to check for the issue.
6. Enable EasyAntiCheat Service
Sometimes the easy anti-cheat system might get disabled due to unexpected reasons that you can’t help it. But you can manually enable it by following the steps below to check for the same.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services.
- Search for the Easy AntiCheat service > Set the Startup type as ‘Manual’.
- If not, you’ll have to right-click on Easy Anti-Cheat.
- Click on Properties > Set the ‘Startup type’ to ‘Manual’.
- Then reboot your computer and launch Dead by Daylight to check for the issue.
7. Install Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributables
Make sure to install the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributables program on your computer that includes the 2010 and 2015 edition by following the steps below.
- Download the Visual C++ package here and install it on your PC.
- Once done, restart the PC to apply changes.
8. Update Dead by Daylight
An outdated game version can also cause several issues with the game launching as well as the easy anti-cheat protection on the PC. We’ll recommend you check for the available game update manually and install the same whenever possible. To do this:
- Open Steam > Go to Library.
- Click on Dead by Daylight from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Go to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Dead by Daylight.
- Set the Auto Update option turned ON.
- It’ll automatically check for the update and install the same.
9. Reinstall Easy AntiCheat Service
Sometimes corrupted or missing easy anti-cheat service can also cause multiple issues with the program running in the background. Multiple players have reinstalled the easy anti-cheat service and fixed the error completely. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Open File Explorer on the PC > Go to the installed Dead by Daylight location.
- Search for the Easy Anti-Cheat installer file (EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe).
- Right-click on the file and click on Run as Administrator.
- If prompted by UAC (User Account Control), click on Yes to proceed.
- Once the Easy AntiCheat engine has been re-installed, make sure to reboot your computer.
- Finally, check if the Dead by Daylight EAC Error Code 10011 has been fixed or not.
10. Disable Driver Signature
Last but not the least, if none of the methods worked for you then make sure to turn off driver signature which is required to run the EAC system on the PC. By disabling driver signature, you’ll be able to prevent EAC-related errors up to some extent. To do that:
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type cmd and hit Enter to open Command Prompt. (If prompted by UAC, click on Yes).
- Once you’re inside the cmd window, make sure to execute the following command line:
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF bcedit -set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS OFF bcedit -set DEBUG OFF
- Once done, make sure to close the command prompt window, and reboot the PC.
- Finally, launch the game, and check for the error.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful. For further queries, feel free to ask in the comment below.