Have you upgraded your Huawei P20 Pro to Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0? If yes! how was the performance? Is it stable and good enough to use on your device? Well, here we will guide on how to downgrade Huawei P20 Pro from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo. Downgrade process is little complicated, so we request you to read carefully before jumping straight to the conclusion of rolling back to Oreo.
Recently Huawei started the beta test of Android 9.0 Pie for a few Huawei devices with the latest EMUI 9.0 interface. If you upgraded your Huawei P20 Pro and don’t like the update or facing any issues like Lag, or your battery draining quickly, then you can downgrade Huawei P20 Pro from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo by following this steps. To downgrade you must download the Huawei P20 Pro Rollback file from the link given below in respect of the region code.
In case if you have not upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei P20 Pro and want to try it? then follow our guide on how to Install Huawei P20 Pro Android 9.0 Pie Update. Well, Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration of Android OS which brings new gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Rollback Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei P20 Pro
- Model: EML-L09/EML-L29
- Android Rollback Version: 9.0 Pie -> 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Rollback Version: 9.0 -> 8.0
- Status: Official
- Type: Rollback firmware Package
- Changelog: This update will roll back your phone’s operating system to Android 8.0 (EMUI 8.1).
Downgrade Huawei P20 Pro from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo
Well, Here we will guide on how to rollback to Android Oreo on Huawei P20 Pro. Make sure to download the Android Oreo Rollback package for Huawei P20 Pro and read the steps carefully. Now you can easily revert back to Android Oreo using this guide. The Guide is simple and easy to return to Oreo from 9.0 Pie Update.
- This will work only on Huawei P20 Pro
- Make sure to download all the required tools, drivers and Rollback package
- Charge your Huawei P20 Pro to at least 50% before following this guide
- By rolling back, you may lose all your data. So take a complete backup of your data before degrading your firmware.
- I don’t guarantee that this will work on all Huawei P20 Pro variant. So make sure to comment below with your modeL
Download Drivers and Rollback Files:
- Download latest Huawei USB Drivers
- Rollback Package Here:
- CLT-L29C432B161 (188.8.131.52)
- CLT-L09C432B161 (184.108.40.206)
- CLT-L29C432B160 (220.127.116.11)
- Download Data File update_full_CLT-L29_hw_eu.zip
- CLT-L09C432B160 (18.104.22.168)
- CLT-L29C605B162 (22.214.171.124)
- CLT-L09C605B162 (126.96.36.199)
- CLT-L29C636B158 (188.8.131.52)
- CLT-L29C636B156 (184.108.40.206)
- CLT-L29C301B156 (220.127.116.11)
- CLT-L09C55B157 (18.104.22.168)
- CLT-L29C782B134 (22.214.171.124)
- CLT-L29C432B157 (126.96.36.199)
- CLT-L09C432B157 (188.8.131.52)
- CLT-L29C605B162 (184.108.40.206) – Latin America
- CLT-L09C605B162 (220.127.116.11) – Latin America
- CLT-L29C605B155 (18.104.22.168) – Latin America
- CLT-L09C605B155 (22.214.171.124) – Latin America
- CLT-TL00C01B171 (126.96.36.199) – China
- CLT-TL01C01B171 (188.8.131.52) – China
- CLT-AL00C00B171 (184.108.40.206) – China
- CLT-AL01C00B171 (220.127.116.11) – China
More Variant will be coming soon.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
I hope this guide was useful to downgrade Huawei P20 Pro from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo.
Huawei P20 Pro Specifications:
Huawei P20 Pro features a 6.1 inches AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2240 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 Hisilicon Kirin 970 processor coupled with 6/8GB of RAM. The phone packs 128/256GB internal memory. The camera on the Huawei P20 Pro comes with Triple 40MP + 20MP + 8MP phase detection autofocus, LED flash rear camera and also 24MP depth sensor front shooting camera.
Huawei P20 Pro runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with EMUI 8.1 and a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast charging. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the front. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.