The South-Korean tech giant Samsung has released Galaxy A30 handset in March 2019 with mid-range budget specifications and features. If you’re using the Galaxy A30 device or thinks to buy it then this guide is for you. Even if you’re an advanced user who likes customizations, flashing files, modding, etc then follow this full article. We will use the Magisk by patching the Stock ROM boot image file and flashing to the device boot partition. The device does have plenty of variants like SM-A305F/DS, SM-A305FN/DS (Global), SM-A305G/DS, SM-A305GN/DS, SM-A305YN. Here in this article, we will share with you Easy Method To Root Galaxy A30 Using Magisk [No TWRP needed]. Just follow the full article with all the requirements, download links, and flashing steps with images.
You will require to download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it. In order to this, the Galaxy A30 bootloader should be unlocked. By rooting your handset, you will get a superuser or administrator control on your system over system apps and subsystem. Therefore, you can easily customize, change or edit system files according to your preference.
Now, let’s take a look at the device specifications and features as well.
- Samsung Galaxy A30 Specifications: Overview
- What is Smartphone Rooting?
- Advantages of Rooting
- Steps To Root Galaxy A30 using Magisk
- Steps to Create a Patched boot image using Magisk Manager
- Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image tar file on Galaxy A30
- Instructions to Root Galaxy A30 Using Magisk
Samsung Galaxy A30 Specifications: Overview
The handset comes with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with 1080×2340 pixels resolution quality. It offers Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio screen. The handset runs on Android 9.0 Pie over One UI out-of-the-box. It’s powered by the octa-core Exynos 7904 SoC coupled with Mali-G71 MP2 GPU.
The device features 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of internal storage options. While the storage can be expandable up to 1TB via a MicroSD card. It packs a dual rear camera of 16MP+5MP sensors along with the LED flash, Panorama, HDR, etc. While the front features a 16MP selfie camera which can record up to Full-HD videos.
In terms of the connectivity, the device includes a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio, Micro USB port, etc. It has non-removable Li-Po 4,000 mAh battery with 15W fast charging support. The Galaxy A30 also features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, compass sensor.
What is Smartphone Rooting?
Smartphone Rooting is just like a jailbreaking the device to get the admin access over subsystem, system apps, the root directory of the device and more. It will give you the superuser control to use your device over an Android subsystem. After rooting a device, the user can delete, edit, or change the system files or settings easily. Users can also increase or decrease the system performance, battery performance, etc.
Mostly, the rooting process will come in handy if you’re using any third-party Custom ROMs. This will increase the accessibility up to a broader extent. Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable). Most commonly, people use rooting to change themes, icons, fonts, install other mod files, tweaking Android settings for visual changes, etc.
Additionally, a rooted device user can also tweak notification panel, system user interface, accent color changes, install Xposed modules, lock screen changes, widgets, camera improvements, and more.
Advantages of Rooting
- You can get access to all files on your Galaxy A30, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking device.
- Install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Galaxy A30.
- You can block Ads on any applications like YouTube, Browser.
- By Rooting Galaxy A30, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
Steps To Root Galaxy A30 using Magisk
Before starting the rooting process, make sure to unlock the device bootloader at first. Then you can continue with the next steps.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone
- Rooting will block the official OTA updates
- Supported model: SM-A305F/DS, SM-A305FN/DS (Global), SM-A305G/DS, SM-A305GN/DS, SM-A305YN
Download Samsung Galaxy A30 Stock ROM
Here is the link for the same.
|File Name||Build Number||OS Version|
|February 2019 Security Patch||A305FDDU1ASBA||9.0 Pie|
Now, once you have downloaded the exact firmware file based on your device model number, you can extract the boot.img file to patch it via Magisk manager app.
Steps to Create a Patched boot image using Magisk Manager
- First, download and install the latest Magisk Manager app.
- Then, connect your device to the PC via the USB cable.
- Copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Next, open the Magisk Manager app and select INSTALL and choose to install again.
- Then tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Go to internal storage and select your device boot image that you moved earlier.
- Now, wait for Magisk to start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now, follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
- Odin flash tool accepts files in .tar format. So, you have to use 7zip and archive it to .tar format. You can even rename the file as boot.img.tar as shown in the below screenshot.
Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image tar file on Galaxy A30
Now, follow the final or second method to install the patched boot image file on your Galaxy handset. But first, follow the requirements.
- The ROM file is for Samsung Galaxy A30 model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least before doing anything.
- Make sure to take a complete backup without Root of the device storage.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Download Latest ODIN tool and install it on your computer.
- Copy the patched boot image file into the ADB & Fastboot directory.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
Instructions to Root Galaxy A30 Using Magisk
After following the pre-requirements and unlocking the bootloader, in order to Root Galaxy A30 Using Magisk, let’s take a look at the rooting steps.
- At first, reboot your device into download mode.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable.
- Once you are connected, now open the downloaded ODIN.exe file.
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin.
- Now, load the patched boot.tar file in the AP section.
- Go to Option and see whether the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time selected or not). If not then select these two. Don’t select re-partition.
- Now, tap on the Start button to root your device.
- Once it’s done, your device will reboot.
- Wait for a few minutes as the first boot will take some time.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
We assume this guide is really helpful to you and you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy A30 device by using Magisk. In case any issue, do let us know in the comments below.