FromSoftware and Bandai Namco Entertainment did release Elden Ring as a souls-like action role-playing video game in 2022 that’s doing really well in terms of the graphics and gameplay experience. As the game includes plenty of conversations between characters and dialogues that can help to proceed in the next scene, plenty of players are experiencing that the Elden Ring Subtitles are either Out of Sync or Not Showing Up properly during the gameplay.
Now, if you’re one of the Elden Ring players and somehow encountering issues with the subtitles appearing on the in-game screen right on time or subtitles don’t appear at all then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. Elden Ring offers 14 supported languages in the gameplay for the players so that they can easily get interacted with the game and play with others. However, devs haven’t added any in-game option to change languages.
Fix: Elden Ring Subtitles Out of Sync or Not Showing Up
Luckily, we’ve managed to provide you with a couple of ways to change the in-game language or turn on/off subtitles which may help to fix the out-of-sync or not showing up issue for some Elden Ring PC players. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
1. Turn Off and On Subtitles in Elden Ring
It’s highly recommended to turn off and on subtitles in Elden Ring by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the in-game glitch. Sometimes in-game glitches can trouble you a lot while playing the game.
- Launch Elden Ring on your respective device.
- Go to System from the in-game menu.
- Go to Sound and Display > Make sure to Turn Off the Subtitles option.
- Then Turn it On again to save changes.
2. Change Elden Ring Language via System Settings
You can also try changing the system language or the game launcher language to be able to play Elden Ring in your selected language which may help to show the subtitles as well. For example, if you change the language to English from any other language, the chances are high that your Elden Ring game will start displaying English subtitles throughout the gameplay sessions. To do so:
- Open the Steam client on the PC.
- Click on Library > Right-click on Elden Ring from the left pane.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to the Language tab.
- Choose your specific language to select it.
- Once done, make sure to restart the launcher.
- Head over to the PlayStation home menu.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Go to Language > Select System Language.
- Select your specific language from the available options.
- Now, make sure to restart your console.
- From the main menu on your Xbox console, select Profile and System.
- Choose Settings > Go to the Language and Location option.
- It’s located in the System settings menu > Set the preferred language of your choice.
- Then reboot the console.
3. Update Elden Ring
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to follow the steps below to check for the available game update. Sometimes an outdated game version can trouble you a lot in terms of loading the game or audio/subtitles out of sync issue on the gaming device. So, try updating the game whenever there is a new version available.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Right-click on Elden Ring from the list > Click on Manage.
- Select Properties > Click on the Updates tab > Click on Automatic Updates.
- If it’s enabled, whenever there is a new update available, the Steam client will do the job for you.
- Head over to the My Games and Apps section > Go to Manage.
- Select Updates and install the latest version of the game.
- From the home menu, open the game Library > Choose the Elden Ring game.
- Press the Options button > Select Check for Update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to install the update.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.