The newly launched Baldur’s Gate III video game has made its appearance for PC, Mac, and Google Stadia platforms. Larian Studios has done a great job with the game graphics, gameplay, storyline, etc that plenty of players are appreciating a lot. However, the PC version of this game seems quite buggy and full of error codes while launching or playing it. Here we’ll be sharing the troubleshooting steps on Baldur’s Gate 3 FileSystem Error and .Net Core Error.
There are some other issues startup crashing, lags, gameplay crashing, game progress not saving, access denied issue, lower resolution issue, and more. However, here we’ll only discuss the filesystem error and .net core error which seems to randomly appear to the players, obviously very frustrating. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 FileSystem Error
Now, Baldur’s Gate III PC players are complaining that they’re not able to load the game or even save the game progress. The particular error message says something like:
Failed to create dir: \\?\\Larian Studios\Baldur’s Gate 3
The system cannot find the path specified.”
In some cases, some of the affected players can also receive the following error message:
“Failed To Delete File
Directory: File in my documents \Larian Studius\Baldur’s Gate 3\Player Profiles
Access is Denied”
While a couple of PC version players have also reported that the Baldur’s Gate 3 pops up with the “119 120 612 Error Code” which isn’t recognizable for most of them. As there is no clear sign that what to fix, we’re here to help you. Luckily this particular error can be fixed easily.
- First of all, make sure to run the Baldur’s Gate 3 (exe) game file using administration access. So, right-click on the Baldur’s Gate 3 exe file and click on ‘Run as administrator’. Similarly, you can do the same thing for the Steam client.
- Disable Controlled Folder Access from Windows Security. Click on Start > Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Manage ransomware protection > Turn off the Controlled folder access.
- Set Restore Defaults under the Documents folder (right-click) > Properties > Locations. Just open the File Explorer or This PC and do accordingly.
- In some cases, the Microsoft OneDrive Cloud Backup process for the Documents folder can be the reason. Make sure to turn off the OneDrive backup for the mentioned folder and you’ll be good to go.
Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 .Net Core Error
Some of the unfortunate players are also getting the following error message:
“To run this application you must install .net core. Would you like to download it now?”
So, if in case, you’ve installed the game with the %ProgramFiles% folder other than the C drive, then the problem will appear.
- Simply copy the %ProgramFiles% folder from the installed game drive to the C drive (C:\Program Files\) in order to fix the issue.
- Also, make sure that both the Windows OS build and Graphics Drivers are up-to-date.
- If there is any update available for the Steam client or the Baldur’s Gate III game, then install the update and check for the issue again.
- However, if none of the methods fixed for you, make sure to uninstall and reinstall the game on the Steam client.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below for further queries.